PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at a real bulk

berfles
07-09-2007, 09:07 PM
So today starts my journey to try to get up to 175-180lbs. I'm about 160@5'10 right now and have been merely maintaining for months.

I decided to shoot for around 4800-5000 calories for my bulk because I was eating 3800 before and going nowhere. I didn't think it would be possible because of how small my appetite is but it was actually pretty easy today. I consumed 5019 calories, largely thanks to my protein shakes.

So, hopefully this is the start of something good and I can finally break the 160 limit I've been stuck at for many months. I also hope I don't make myself look like a jackass and not gain anything still.

So as of today, I was about 158lbs. Let's see where I get in a few months.

Unholy
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Im sure at 5000 cals/day you will get the results you want. Enjoy =)

berfles
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks. I was thinking that if I can't get anywhere with this eating that something is wrong with me.

I'm also going t ease back into my shoulder workout because of my injury a month ago. I may have to go to the doctor first though.

berfles
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
So it's been a little while, and I'm actually gaining some weight. I think my scale is off becuase I got a new one and it weighs me 5lbs less than the old one, but either way I put on about 7lbs so far. The old one is saying I weigh around 165 in the morning (while clothed) and the new one says around 160. I know I should weigh myself unclothed but I never do, but I guess I've gained around 5-7lbs thus far. It's fun actually seeing the scale say 168.5 when I go to bed, I never thought I'd see those numbers.

I'm going to find out which scale is right though, I can use a calibrated scale at my dad's office and compare my weight to the two scales.

I also noticed today that I seemed to have a much easier time with the weight I usually use for bench pressing so that's good too. I don't look any different yet, so hopefully that'll come soon too.

I've been eating around 4600 calories a day, save for a couple where I took a small break. I am never hungry anymore and can't even really finish dinner when my family eats, but I'm getting enough calories and seem to be gaining weight so I'll just keep going at it.

Unholy
07-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't expect results too quickly, You won't gain more then .5-1lb a week of LBM and thats a generous estimate.

Make sure you raise the weights you use in your workouts with your new found strength.

berfles
07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't expect results too quickly, You won't gain more then .5-1lb a week of LBM and thats a generous estimate.

Make sure you raise the weights you use in your workouts with your new found strength.

Yep, I know. I'm just happy to be actually getting past the 160 mark (even though I probably still weight under that unclothed if the new scale is correct).