PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Nutrition Dr Michael Colgan

BigBossMan
07-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else has read this book? I just got it from amazon...I found it for $1. It was recommended by one the guys interviewed by WBB. So far it seems to me like Dr. Michael Colgan seems to be supporting alot of the ideas I have read about from detox/holistic style nutrition books......all food/water/air is toxic avoid everything make a garden grow your own food and make your own water etc....seems pretty hardcore. His ideas seem to have more scientific studies surrounding them but still pretty hard core. I buy organic whenever I can....I haven't drank tap water in a year or so. But this guy is preaching going totally hippy style no deodorant/flour/pancake mix/pickled vegetables/antacids/aluminum canned beverages/buffered aspirin/toothpaste......and that is just to avoid aluminum!
I have tried the organic deodorant and it doesn't work I stink.

Holto
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I have tried the organic deodorant and it doesn't work I stink.

There are hundreds of natural deodorants out there. I've only tried a few and they worked well. I especially like the toothpastes you find in health food stores.

BigBossMan
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
There are hundreds of natural deodorants out there. I've only tried a few and they worked well. I especially like the toothpastes you find in health food stores.

any name brands you could recommend for deodorant? I know that Tom's toothpaste is really big. I have been told that the best toothpaste is to just throw some baking soda on your toothbrush and go to town I dunno about that one but a friend of mine has done it for years and his teeth aren't falling out or anything.

IZWAR
07-10-2007, 06:10 PM
everything will kill you now adays

Holto
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
any name brands you could recommend for deodorant? I know that Tom's toothpaste is really big. I have been told that the best toothpaste is to just throw some baking soda on your toothbrush and go to town I dunno about that one but a friend of mine has done it for years and his teeth aren't falling out or anything.

I use green beaver. (I believe it's Canadian)

The Toms is very popular because it lasts forever.

djreef
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I was lucky enough to find Tom's at Big Lots last year for $1.50 a tube. Needless to say I cleared the shelf. I've got toothpaste for the next 3.5 years now.

DJ