PDA

View Full Version : Great jump rope routine

235orbust
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Here is a jump rope routine I came across, its made for basketball but can be used for anything. Do ALL these excersizes with a jump rope except partner jumps, if you don't have a parter for parter jumps then jump as high as you can with jump rope. I like to have 5 second intervals of just relaxed jump rope between sets

Jump Rope Stimulation - 10 seconds each, 3 sets as fast as you jump
-2 foot jump- feet shoulder width apart
-Right leg only
-Left leg only

2.Line Jumps 10 seconds each 3 sets Keep hands above ears
-Forward and back split- one foot over line, other foot behind line switch repeatedly
-Side of foot next to line jump back and forth
-Switch over top and behind
-Straddle= left leg on top, right leg behind, jump over line
-Straddle- right leg on top

3. Explosion jumps= 8 jumps of each 3 sets, Keep hands above ears
-Double leg tuck jumps - jump up and bring knees to chest land and immediately jump up again - repeat
-Glut kicks - jump up and bring keeps to butt land, repeat
-Lateral jumps - jump as far as you can side to side and on both feet, immediately jump back laterally, repeat
-Forward and back - jump forward as far as you can, then backward, repeat
-Single leg tuck jump- hold right leg at a right angle, jump up and bring left leg to chest, keep right leg at aright angle it does not move., repeat
-Single leg tuck jumps - hold left leg at right angle bring right leg to chest repeat
-Split jumps- right leg forward left leg back, jump up and bring knees to chest, switch legs so that left leg is forward and right leg is back on landing, repeat

4.Partner jumps - partner gently put hands on shoulder of jumper
-Two feet- jump as high as possible, repeat 10 times
-One leg0 10 jumps
-Other leg- 10 jumps

5. Across Court- length of basketball court. Keep hands above ears
-Repeat standing broad jumps- Jump off 2 feet land jump as quickly as possible down the court
-Lateral jumps-shoulder point s to end of court, jump sideways land on both feet
-Double leg zigzag- both feet together jump in zigzag the length of the court
-Single leg zig zag- same as D, but jump on right leg only
-Single leg zig zag- other foot
-Repeated double leg spit jump down court
-Repeated sing leg tuck jump down court
-Repeated single leg tuck jump down court other leg
-Power skips- Skip to maximum height, jump the length of the court

sircalis
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
235orbust u ball?

235orbust
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah I just graduated from hs ill be playin at Findlay, its in ohio. U play anywhere

sircalis
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
juss graduated high school as well... prolly be plyin juco for a year, then d1

sircalis
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
findlay is d2, rite?..

235orbust
07-15-2007, 03:16 PM
yeah but they could beat a lot of d1 schools, there always top 5 in the country, i was acually close to goin juco but idk i just decided to take the sure thing ukno

sircalis
07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
ye, i got d2 offers..but im talkin to oregon state, in pac10..they want me to get stronger..so im prolly goin juco for a year so i can go d1, the year aftyer that