PDA

View Full Version : left arm bigger

LetsGrowTumors
07-11-2007, 03:14 AM
:confused: i've been bulking for about 3 months now and i recently noticed that my left arm has more mass and definition to it. i use my right hand/ arm for everything and is alot stronger then my left. can i please get some advice and if you ran into this situation.

i am currently at 166-170lb at 5'8.

thanks
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/thundeacat/july072.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/thundeacat/july071.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/thundeacat/july0715.jpg

peacefrog
07-11-2007, 03:40 AM
You will have better coordination in your right hand. This may partly account for the greater strength in the right arm. Strength is not simply a matter of muscle size.

Looking big btw.

LetsGrowTumors
07-11-2007, 03:45 AM
You will have better coordination in your right hand. This may partly account for the greater strength in the right arm. Strength is not simply a matter of muscle size.

Looking big btw.

yes i understand that, but its just weird how the body can react but do you think i should lift heavier on the right with say DB curls and skull crushers? well thanks for the imput and complament

ianewilson
07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Looks like the bulk is going well for you. I had heard somewhere that your dominant side (right side if you're right handed) will be smaller because you always use your off-side to hold heavy things while you use your more agile hand to do things. Ex: I am always holding the grocery bags in my left hand while I unlock the car/house with my right.

steveo
07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Your arms look fine:thumbup: . You will always have one arm slightlly bigger than the other it's normal. I would focus on doing more bar curls rather than bumbbell this should help even your arms out. You're looking solid nevertheless.

LetsGrowTumors
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Looks like the bulk is going well for you. I had heard somewhere that your dominant side (right side if you're right handed) will be smaller because you always use your off-side to hold heavy things while you use your more agile hand to do things. Ex: I am always holding the grocery bags in my left hand while I unlock the car/house with my right.

thanks that does make alot of sense and i'll just keep hitting the weights hard. thats some motivation

Your arms look fine:thumbup: . You will always have one arm slightlly bigger than the other it's normal. I would focus on doing more bar curls rather than bumbbell this should help even your arms out. You're looking solid nevertheless.

yea i have a hard time hitting the biceps even though thats where i hit the most. but anyways thanks for the motivation and help i'll be posting more pictures in the near future. later bro

SelfMade
07-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Yo man, this what i wanna look like im 5'7 and 200 pounds i wanna get down to around 170 ishhh, will it be easier this way to get down there or easier to start at a lower weight and bulk up?

djreef
07-24-2007, 10:14 AM
It depends upon whether you're training for aesthetics, or function. If it's function, don't worry about it, and train both sides evenly. If it's for aesthetics - not that you'll ever plan on stepping on stage - you will have to train the smaller side more to get it to even out.

DJ