PDA

View Full Version : NO appetite in the morning

greentinted
07-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I realize that Breakfast is the most important meal in the day. The problem is, even if I go to bed RAVENOUS, I have absolutely no appetite in the morning. The thought of food, especially eggs, makes me feel sick until I've been awake for at least an hour or two. I was wondering if it was alright to make some sort of breakfast shake every morning? I was thinking: Milk, liquid egg whites, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, yogurt, all blended into something I can drink in a few seconds because I simply can't stand the thought of eating once I've rolled out of bed.

I have no idea why I'm like this, but I dread eating so bad when I wake up. What is wrong with me?

berfles
07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I am the exact same way. My stomach can be growling when I wake up, but I still have no urge to eat. I usually just suck it up and eat a bowl of cereal or something, but today that didn't work great because I'm still full from breakfast and it's 1:30.

Herandi
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
yeah same with me, just don't feel like eating. I also just force feed myself, and a shake isn't a bad idea as long as you can stomach it. I find that if i eat breakfast that it sets my metabolism off and i get hungry quick after though. Dunno if thats good or bad? .........

love2sweat
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
a lot of my friends had the same feeling. they would wake up a little earlier just to wake their bodies up and eventually they were able to eat.

Hatred
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Force Feed.

MrWebb78
07-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Milk, liquid egg whites, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, yogurt, all blended into something I can drink in a few seconds

I don't understand how you could drink all of this instead of eat it. But whatever it takes to get it down, just do it. It will be fine.

Built
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Look into Intermittent Fasting.

LetsGrowTumors
07-12-2007, 04:16 PM
i've got the same problem just down a shake and eat a banana...

Optimum08
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM
i just shake it up.

Hardgainer82
07-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I realize that Breakfast is the most important meal in the day. The problem is, even if I go to bed RAVENOUS, I have absolutely no appetite in the morning. The thought of food, especially eggs, makes me feel sick until I've been awake for at least an hour or two. I was wondering if it was alright to make some sort of breakfast shake every morning? I was thinking: Milk, liquid egg whites, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, yogurt, all blended into something I can drink in a few seconds because I simply can't stand the thought of eating once I've rolled out of bed.

I have no idea why I'm like this, but I dread eating so bad when I wake up. What is wrong with me?

A morning shake is a great way to get your morning calories MINUS the raw egg whites. For at least a year I was putting down raw eggs every morning as a quick way to get some healthy calories until I came across some literature on raw egg whites.

Raw egg whites contain Avidin which can inhibit Biotin absorption in the body.

"The symptoms and signs of biotin-deficiency, include a generalized erythematous scaly skin eruption, alopecia, conjunctivitis and neurological abnormalities. The rash may be distributed around the eyes, nose, mouth, ears and perineal orifices. The facial appearance associated with the deficiency, with the rash around the eyes, nose and mouth along with an unusual distribution of facial fat, is called biotin deficiency facies."

It takes a lot of raw egg whites over a long time to hurt you, but why risk it.
Cooking denatures the avidin eliminating the problem.

A quick side note----the yoke of an egg has a ton of Biotin in it, which could possibly counteract the avidin problem---but I stopped the raw eggs anyway (Those symptoms were nasty!)

BBB
07-14-2007, 12:42 PM
You have two options in my opinion.

Like Hatred said: You can force feed yourself. I did this for a very long time when I first started body building - eventually I started to get hungry in the AM (most of the time)...you're body will adapt to the schedule that you set for it. It also helps not to eat too close to bedtime.

Like Built said: Look into intermittent fasting (IF). That's what I'm doing now and I love not having to worry about my food all day. It's great.