PDA

View Full Version : Eat-Train-Rest=Growth

DSmith22
07-12-2007, 09:49 AM
First off you can give me any type of information you want to help improve something or to critique my pictures or whatever need be. Im not going to get butt hurt if you say somethings wrong with me. All criticism is welcome.
About me- Im a Marine, currently Stationed in Okinawa Japan. Im 5'7 roughly 160 pounds. I grew up in south carolina and have been playing sports most of my like (Basketball, Football, Baseball, also ran track.) Always have been in really good shape. Started lifting after I signed the contract to become a marine. worked out for about 6 months(Jan-Jun 06') then had to go to boot for 3 months and MCT for all my training and ECT! I pretty much lost everything I worked for during those 6 months. In Jan of 07' I finally got access to a gym again and started all the way back over. here are some pics of me roughly around beginning of march 07' time and the second post is Currently Jul 07'
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99381

It has always been hard for me to gain weight. I use to think I ate a lot and I finally did some searching around and found out that wasnt the case so I have clenched down on my diet hope to have a FITDAY starting tomorrow of everything I eat so I can start keeping track on everything and keep you all informed. I now eat roughly 6-8 times a day since i have now settled in here in okinawa. I do take supplements here is a list of them
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99495
after i finish these bottles of Creakic and Luekic i plan on discontinuing the use and adding Creatine Monohydrate 5g a day into the mix.
My legs are lacking there are also pics of those in the picture post. I do have to admit I was not doing Deadlifts before and plan on starting soon as I can get back to the gym cause we are currently getting hit by a Typhoon. I am very dedicated to lifting it is my hobby. I am currently bulking and hopeing to get to 185 by the beginning of Jan. That is my goal 25 more pounds. Well enough about all of that mess here is the split I do. I dont have any set days I let my body tell me when I need a day off. It usually is pretty good with that. Here is what it looks like

Chest/Shoulders
Bi's/Tri's
Legs
Back

Its not always in that order but if you have a suggested order feel free to tell me. I dont have specific exercises I do either I like to go into the gym and mix things up a little when I go in there. I will post each workout I do the day I do it so you will beable to keep track of my routine and workouts from that. anything else I need to add or talk about pls let me know.
Time to Eat-Train-Rest&Grow

Unholy
07-12-2007, 09:55 AM
You are going about training and diet a smart way, this is good. The only criticism I have is that I like a set routine, even if i do switch a few of the exercises from week to week.

DSmith22
07-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah I understand what you are saying with that sometimes it is hard though being in the Marine Corp I tend to get skrewed in working on on specific days due to duty and my job but I do keep the compound movements for the body parts just with up the little movements say with chest instead of seated flys i might do Chest pulls, or incline flys or something like that.

DSmith22
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I am starting my fitday eating schedule today here is a link to it its only a little past lunch time so I still have the rest of the day to eat :)
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

DSmith22
07-13-2007, 02:50 AM
today has not been good the gym still isnt open because the typhoon is still right over us :( there is a little gym down stairs im giong to go down there later and workout. I havent worked out since tue because i took wed off then this typhoon **** started hapening around lunch time thur. I believe im just going to to a full body routine the best i can down there. There is not free weights just stupid ass machines no one really uses but i guess something will be better than nothing. Ill post my workout when im done.

DSmith22
07-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Listen to this SH*IT. i went down to the gym down stairs pretty ****ty by the way but i was going to do with what i got. This is all I got done

Leg Extension
55x12 Warm up
145x10x3 sets
175x8

Leg Curls Seated
70x12x3 sets Machine was crushing my thighs hurt like hell pushed through the pain so i could get some type of ham workout.

Chin ups
Body Weightx 12 (nice and slow)

Then my sgt came down and told me the duty was on the way to come get me so I had to quit my workout sweating my ass off get dressed in cami's and I have been stuck in this room with **** to do. Im pissed. Typhoon is still going on so I wont beable to go to gym again till Sunday! Its always seems like the Marnie Corp skrews you in the worst times. Ohh well ill just have to bust my ass come Sun. Still trying to pump some food into my body.

DSmith22
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH I am tired as HELL I am still on duty havent been able to go to sleep cause I am on duty. its 315 am here and I wont get to sleep till after 7pm today cause I have to go to work stayin up for over 24 hours cant be good for you? This has kind of messed up my eating as well there is nothing to eat here. No water or anything. Typhoon is skrewing up everything ready for it to be over so i can get back into the gym first im going to need to get some recovery sleep so morrow is out of the ?. Ill start back up sunday hopefully!

DSmith22
07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Well its a new day! Thank GOD. Were finally in All Clear from the typhoon that hit us so now the gym will be back open. Only bad thing is I havent slept in 24 hours because I had duty. Still thats not to bad just now I have to catch up on some sleep. Going to go to the gym later on tonight. Also have a new partner, going to see how well he workout. last partner got lazy and was doing no shows and **** so i gave him the boot. Got a pretty good start this morning with my Eating drank a big as shake of True Mass. Now im going to hit the rack.

DSmith22
07-14-2007, 01:33 AM
I just fixed my FITDAY i didnt have it public were everyone could see it so now its fixed in my sig will be heading to the gym in about 30 min. :)

DSmith22
07-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Finally got a good workout in. I was going to do Chest and shoulders today but my workout partner decided to no show. I wanted to go heavy on chest so I decided to change it to BACK. When I got in there and started doing back I was done with back in like 30 min and I didnt want to go home so I decide to just do a split routine for a month or 2 here is what i did tonight.

BACK
Deadlifts- 135x10x2sets/ 155x10x1set (first time I have done deadlifts in almost a year so I though I better get the form down again and see how it felt.
DB Rows- 75x10x1set/ 80x8x2sets
Spider Pulls- 110x10/ 130x10/ 150x10(did 10 each arm flexing the lat)
T-bar Rows- 70x10/80x10(Only did 2 sets just wanted to work more middle back went back as far as I could and squezzed and flexed all the back muscles)
Total working sets- 11

BI"s
Seated DB Curls- 30x10x3sets ( good squeez the whole way throught the motion.)
Total Working sets- 3

Question on the Deadlifts I took a wide stance and a pretty wide grip but kept my arms inbetween my legs does that sound right? or should I keep my arms on the outsides of my legs when im bent down? If so I need to bring my stance in some.

Also I did some cardio cause it was pouring rain and my sgt drove there so I was waiting on him and he was doing cardio so I did the Eliptical no faster than 6 mph which is really slow for me but I guess it was more for a fat burn. did it for 20min.

DSmith22
07-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I just took some measurements which I though would be a good way to track my progression. Still hopeing to be 185 by Jan of 08 So with these measurements i can compare and see were I stand.

Neck- 16 1/2' (relaxed)
Chest- 39' (relaxed)
Upper Arms- L= 14 7/8' R= 15' (Flexed)
Forearm- L= 12 1/2' R= 12 1/2' (Flexed
Waist- 30 1/4' (relaxed)
Upper legs- L= 22' R=21 1/2' (Flexed)
Calves- L= 15 1/2 R= 15 1/4 (Flexed)

Unholy
07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I can't wait to see how these measurements change as the weight comes on. I am quite jealous of them for the time being.

DSmith22
07-14-2007, 09:57 PM
To bad you didnt take some measurements when you first started and then now your changes would have been drastic and you wouldnt be saying that if you had measured yourself. If you did do this sorry didnt see em no were.

Natetaco
07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
nice lifting dude.

DSmith22
07-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Today has went by so fast havent got much done it seems like. Since i have been doing my fit day I have only been getting around 3500 cals I want to get up to 4000. I kept getting told to throw extra stuff in my shakes n stuff like that. well i didnt have a blinder so I went and got one today. Also I took my last 2 scoops of True Mass this morning when I woke up. I went to the place were I but my stuff at since im in Japan GNC prices are outrageous. a 5lb tub of 100% on whey is 50 bucks. Well I was looking for more true mass which i was getting at 40 bucks a tub but they dont have no more. Next best thing was Mass-tech from Muscletech. I really dont like techs high prices but i got this 5lb tub for 30 bucks. it says to take 5 scoops youll get around 1000 cals but im only going to take 2.5 and add stuff into it to make more cals. When I was at the PX i also bought a george Forman. before what I could eat was limited to microwaveable stuff. Now I can cook eggs and burgers n **** like that. Im really not suspose to have it cause I live in the barraks but I dont give a **** ill just keep it hid :). Cookout anyone?
Today Im hopeing to go to the gym around 6 my time and do chest and tri's I really want to have a workout parnet so I can go really heavy though. I might just have to drag someone with me. That bad when you have to drag someone to go workout. Everyone around here is so ****ing lazy it makes me sick. Ill post up my workout when im done.

DSmith22
07-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Alright just finished my workout. I figured i would update this while im sitting here drinking my shake. Tonight since I started my split routine was suspose to be just Chest and Tri's. Well my old routine was Chest and shoulders so after I finished chest tonight I went straight to military press by the time I realized what i was doing it was to late so I finished my shoulder workout and did ti's as well. He is what the workout looked like.

Chest
DB Flat Bench
60x10x1(warmup)
75x8x1
80x6x1
90x5x1
95x5x1
100x5x1( I got 4 by myself on the 5th one needed a little help from the spot)

BB Incline Bench
115x8x1
135x6x2(need to go a little heavier next time.)

Pull Overs
30x8x1(First time ever doing them to light)
45x8x2(pretty good could go heavier)

Shoulders
Standing military Press
95x8x3

DB Lateral Raises
20x8x3

Tri's
Skull Crushers
60x8x2

Close Grip Bench Press
135x8x2

I am just now getting through half of this shake. It is the Muscle Tech Mass tech its the only weight gainer I could get wasnt bad 30 bucks for a 5lb tub. It recommends doing 5 scoops 1000 cals or so so I only did 2.5 scoops. For 5 scoops it says 16oz of milk or whatever so I did 12oz in 2.5. This **** is thick as ****. It is nothing like True Mass. Mass tech doesnt taste to bad but i hate the thickness. For now on im going to try 16oz with 2.5 scoops see how that works out.

DSmith22
07-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I know in my pics in the other post i have done i didnt have any back shots. Well here is the best I can get granted its bad lighting and I have a mouse in my hand tell me what you think.

Unholy
07-15-2007, 08:47 AM
You have great proportions, eat up and lift heavy, great things will happen.

Fuzzy
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Dude, with a back like that youll be crushing cans in no time!!

DSmith22
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the comments. Today is my off day so there will be no workout posted today but im hopeing to eat big today and atleast get 4000 cals in. So far ive done ate twice and its only 8 in the morning so hopefully i can get a couple more meals in. Tomorrow is legs, I cant wait. I love leg days now that I can somewhat walk the day after :) Ill keep you all updated as I go along.

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Good luck getting in the 4000 cals. That's exactly the amount I am consuming during my bulk. Good luck with the leg workout too. I still can't walk from my last leg workout on Friday!!!! It feels great though:hump: :hump:

Built
07-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Your pose in that last pic was good! You look great. Keep eating!

Oh - one thing. You may wish to re-think chest and shoulders on the same day. Shoulders get quite a big hit with pecs, and you can really get injured if your form suffers due to fatigue (rubs injured rotator cuff pensively). Perhaps do as I do - chest and back, and lats with shoulders, pushing and pulling in horizontal or vertical planes.

Just a thought?

DSmith22
07-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Your pose in that last pic was good! You look great. Keep eating!

Oh - one thing. You may wish to re-think chest and shoulders on the same day. Shoulders get quite a big hit with pecs, and you can really get injured if your form suffers due to fatigue (rubs injured rotator cuff pensively). Perhaps do as I do - chest and back, and lats with shoulders, pushing and pulling in horizontal or vertical planes.

Just a thought?

Yeah yesterday doing shoulders was a mistake. Im just so use to doing them with chest that I went straight to doing them withough thinking. I was only wanting to do chest n tris yesterday. Ohh well still got a good workoug in. :)

DSmith22
07-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Well its Tuesday 3:00. I am kind of behind in my eating. Been really busy today at work. Today is leg workout, cant wait going to go soon as I get off of work so Ill have my workout up hopefully around 8:30 tonight. After resting yesterday I feel good a rejuvinated. Hopefully that will be benifitial today doing my workout. Update soon as Im done with my workout.

DSmith22
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Man!!! I have been having a pretty ****ty week. Monday was my off day no complaints there. I was suspose to workout tues but I had to work past 830 and I had been at work since 630. I was dog tired and plus I wouldnt have gotten to the gym till round 915-930 and it closes at 10 so I decided not to go. Yesterday I had college classes so I didnt have a chance to go to the gym yesterday. Unless something stupid happens today I should have no problem getting to the gym so I can get a decent leg workout in.

DSmith22
07-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Today is Thursday about 8pm. I just got back from the gym. Today I did a light chest and tri workout. I had to skip my leg workout n put it off till tomorrow because this morning for the CO's Pt it was basketball. So I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to go play basketball. I played for an hour n half running back n fourth. He in okinawa the humidity sucks and we were in the gym with no air conditioner or anything. I weighed myself after I got out the shower after pt was done and I was 3 pounds lighter. Thats how much water I lost. Well enough of me sitting on my soap box here is my workout!

Chest
bb bench- 135x10x1, 155x10x1
db bench- 60x10x1
bb bench- 135x10x1, 185x4x1, 225x2x1 250x1x1
decline bb bench- 135x20x1, 185x10x1
Incline bb bench- 135x8x2

Tri's
db extentions- 25x10x3
bentover rope pullout- 100x10x1
Rope Pulldown- 60x10x1
Cable kickbacks- 15x10x1

That was it. I was really feeling weak today dunno why. My motivation wasnt there either. Usually everytime I step in the gym I get pumped but not today for some reason. I was just mellowd out the how time. Ive had a lot of stess on me all week like 10times the norm and been working really long hours not getting but 5 hours or less a night. Im sure thats all it is but that sucks. Im going to get in bed early tonight so I can hit legs hard tomorrow.