PDA

View Full Version : How many eggs is too many?

Titan
03-02-2002, 11:53 AM
How many eggs is too many to eat in one day. Whole eggs.
I eat around 6 or so whole eggs a day. I wonder if i should begin to make some of those simply egg whites, or egg substutite. Any opinions on how many eggs is unhealthy?

chrislehr
03-02-2002, 11:55 AM
they aren't *bad* for you, but your cholesterol will soar.. can u do just the whites? (and lose the protein a lot too)

I eat about a dozen a week (hard boiled for breakfast on weekdays, and scrambled or omelette's on weekend)

Of course, I am on the Atkins, so its fine for MY diet.

unev_en
03-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Unless you are one of the small percentage of people for whom dietary and blood serum cholesterol levels are linked, then you have nothing to worry about.

I eat three eggs per day; my cholesterol is barely 100,

syntekz
03-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Isn't the cholesterol thing just some sort of 'myth?'

unev_en
03-02-2002, 01:42 PM
For the vast majority of people, I would say that, yes, it is a myth, a myth concocted and supported by pharmaceutical companies for which cholesterol-lowering drugs are exceedingly profitable.

someoneunlikeyo
03-02-2002, 04:37 PM
I eat 4 eggs whites and just one whole egg with it every morning, maybe I should start egging whole eggs to gain better nutition. what do people think abput just eating whites or the whole egg?

oarsman
03-02-2002, 05:38 PM
If you believe the myth then each whole jumbo egg has 270mg of cholesterol (also 8g of protein). Recommended daily cholesterol intake is placed under 300mg. So if you eat 6 jumbo eggs: 6x270=1620mg of cholesterol. Whether or not its a myth, I say its like the Pascalian wager: better to just eat the whites just to be on the safe side.