PDA

View Full Version : Ut ohs, I gained weight.

markdk86
07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Figured it was tiem I start one of these.

Yup, every since I started working as a EMT my eatting habbits and training have been sacrificed somewhat. No more excuses, because when it comes down to me it is my fault. I was at a nice 205 with probably 14%BF before and now I'm at a weight of 230. I don't care about size anymore, more endurance and bodily apperance. It is hard to believe after UD 2.0 last summer I was at 182. Time to get my ass in gear. I'm not unhappy with my bobdy since I have muscle on my frame, but to know where I WAS and am now is a little depressing. I don't like the fat that went on my midsection and buttox :(

I'm on vacation starting today until next week on the 21st. The moment I get back I'm finding a place to do Muay Thai or some sort of fighting. Especially as my end of town gets worse with drug dealers popping up, there was just a raid last weekend in a apartment building near me. I will also be employing a higher rep weight scheme of 12-15 repitions with a mix of Crossfits WOD. I haven't quite figured out the schedule as I want to fit in Muay Thai or something else, I don't want to overdo it. I'm also going vary the weightlifting routine a lot. I love variation and I can't fit everything I want to do in one day :).

So on the 22nd it will all begin. The own asskicking of my body will commence and you can watch.

Comments/questions welcome.

Unholy
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Lol 12-15 reps, you've been here almost 2 years bro, what are you doing?

Bohizzle
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
^something that will help him more in terms of his goals? Not everyone's looking to be a powerlifter.

Looking forward to keeping track of ur journal man, gl with getting it all on track!

Unholy
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
If he wants to preserve LBM he will train with lower volume and heavier weight while decreasing calories and keeping protein high. High reps to get toned is a joke.

Bohizzle
07-15-2007, 05:41 AM
If that's why he's employing higher reps, then by all means, laugh, but I was under the impression that he wants to have more endurance.

sharkall2003
07-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't see what the problem is with repetitions higher than four. Good luck!

Unholy
07-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Who said anything about 4 reps?

I said 12-15 per exercise is laughable.

BBB
07-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Not necessarily.

markdk86
07-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Lol Unholy you should know me better. This has nothing to do with preserving LBM, it is strictly for endurance and overall fitness. No toning, and I hate that word. I know looks come with diet. I've never been a "average" size, fat as a kid and bigger now because of heavy lifting and eatting too much, especially my bad diet as of late. I was 180 last year but I want to get smaller than that.

I love heavy lifting, I truley do, but I'd like to have more endurance in my muscles.