PDA

View Full Version : need serious weight loss help

Ari11
07-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, I just found out that i will need shoulder surgery in 2 weeks and will not be able to do any sort of resistance training or cardio activities. I am 5 foot 10 190 pounds. I want to do as much as I can diet wise and cardio wise(can't lift with bad shoulder) before the operation because I will not be allowed to do any exercise for a while. Up until the operation I plan on eating everyday: Oatmeal in the morning, a south beach high protein peanut butter cereal bar for a mid morning snack, smoked turkey breast with mustard for lunch, a handful of cashews or string cheese for a snack, and grilled chicken breast for dinner. I am a very picky eater and do not like fish or eggs. Is this a good plan for me? In addition I plan on doing 3 miles on the elyptical machine everyday. Does anyone have any changes they would make?

Now onto the major concern. While I am inactive due to the surgery, is my current diet plan ok, or do I need to reduce what I eat to lose weight without the ability to exercise?

Built
07-14-2007, 02:13 PM
My personal feeling is you shouldn't be trying to lose weight while recovering from surgery - your body will need food to repair the damage.

Take a look at the link in my sig for diet. You might find some info helpful in there.