PDA

View Full Version : Critique my FitDay please

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I am currently 6'1, 177lbs. I started my bulk 2 weeks ago and have gained 7lbs. since then. If some of you who know a lot about nutrition(because I don't:scratch:) would click the link to my Fitday and critique my eating habits I would appreciate it. Am I eating too much fat? If so how would I limit this? I am trying to bulk to 200lbs. by 12/31/07.:thumbup: MY FITDAY (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=j%5Fman%5Fhonda)

saleen281
07-15-2007, 12:33 PM
How do you get by with only eating 1450 calories? I know everyone is different but you should probably start around the 3000-3500 range to start if you want to bulk. Fat should be around 100 grams and protein 1.0-1.5 of your lean body mass. Search for "what a bodybuilder eats" and you can start from there.

Mr. D
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
How do you get by with only eating 1450 calories? I know everyone is different but you should probably start around the 3000-3500 range to start if you want to bulk. Fat should be around 100 grams and protein 1.0-1.5 of your lean body mass. Search for "what a bodybuilder eats" and you can start from there.

I think he just enters food as he goes. You should look at previous days for caloric intake.

leetuck
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Perhaps you should have checked what he has been eating the previous x number of days !?!?!
You will see that he is eating up to about 4000 cals a day.

DannyJAllTheWay
07-15-2007, 01:12 PM

That's how much he's eaten today so far... Look at his recent journal entries. After just checking out the fitday program, my initial critique is that the calories from lifestyle is kinda high.

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Well I haven't quite figured out what the chart with basal, lifestyle, etc. means. Can someone explain? I work at a car lot out in the sun a lot and I sweat a good bit so I burn a good amount of calories(not sure how many). I do a lot of odd jobs there which require heavy lifting, a lot of sweating, etc.

DannyJAllTheWay
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I haven't quite figured out what the chart with basal, lifestyle, etc. means. Can someone explain? I work at a car lot out in the sun a lot and I sweat a good bit so I burn a good amount of calories(not sure how many). I do a lot of odd jobs there which require heavy lifting, a lot of sweating, etc.

Basal energy expenditure (BEE) is the amount of energy you need in order to maintain your weight at bed rest or no activity. BEE refers to the metabolic activity necessary to essentially sustain life ( i.e. respiration, pulse, body temperature, etc…). Your BEE does not take into account how active you are throughout the day, however. Other lifestyle factors need to be taken into account in order to calculate how many Calories you burn in one day such as your job or how much exercise you get. Your job with heavy lifting is going to require more Calories than a person who sits home all day.

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Basal energy expenditure (BEE) is the amount of energy you need in order to maintain your weight at bed rest or no activity. BEE refers to the metabolic activity necessary to essentially sustain life ( i.e. respiration, pulse, body temperature, etc…). Your BEE does not take into account how active you are throughout the day, however. Other lifestyle factors need to be taken into account in order to calculate how many Calories you burn in one day such as your job or how much exercise you get. Your job with heavy lifting is going to require more Calories than a person who sits home all day.

Thanks for explaining that...And I definately burn more calories than someone who sits at home....Do you think me consuming 4000 is good enough? Almost have of my chart everyday is fat.. Is this ok for bulking?

Built
07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
High fats are fine.

Are you making gains? If not, it's not good enough. If you are, then it is. Don't bother trying to calculate estimates of your needs - measure and track. Then you KNOW.

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I am definately gaining weight! 7lbs. in 2 weeks in fact... As for muscle I think I will have to wait about 3-4 weeks to really notice any gains.. My lifts have gone up though!

ddegroff
07-15-2007, 04:55 PM
You'll always pack on lb's fast in the beginning. It's usually just excess stuff in the gut. It should slow down.

Enjoy the strength gains!