PDA

View Full Version : Good foods which require little prep?

Cue-Ball
03-03-2002, 12:41 AM
We all know that you should eat foods that are relatively high in protein and relatively low in fat. Unfortunately, this generally means meats (chicken, fish, beef) or dairy (cottage cheese, whey, milk). I eat more than my fair share of whey, cottage cheese, and chicken, but these foods all require prep and/or refrigeration. Are there any good foods which don't? I swear i went up and down the aisles at the grocery store tonight and couldn't find a damn thing (except protein bars/shakes, of course).

So, does anyone know of a good food that's easy to transport? I need something for those times when i have no access to a stove or refrigerator. Protein bars work well, but they get tiring after a while.

plornive
03-03-2002, 01:28 AM
canned tuna (try low sodium)

Jane
03-03-2002, 10:31 AM
I hate cooking. Sometimes if it gets late and I don't have time, I've been able to make decent little meals out of
-turkey pepperoni (processed junk but has protein, fat, and tastes good)
-turkey bacon (see above + only 2min in microwave)
-string cheese (get light if you want a little more protein and a little less fat, absolutely no preparation needed)
-hardboiled egg (even I can't mess this up)
-rolled up turkey slices (late night television snack)

Sorry these aren't very portable but at least there is no preheating ovens and cleaning grill machines :)

Slim Schaedle
03-03-2002, 03:57 PM
TUNA
also, make your meals before you head out, put them in tupperware, and keep em cold. one example....chicken breast,...then put some dijon or honey mustard on it, etc. Doesn't have to be heated.