PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and Alcohol

Gunshow
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
So i had a pretty big scare today... for the most part i've stopped drinking but every once in a while i will still get bombed with my buddies. Last night i decided i was gunna drink some beers, i had 10 in total. I was drunk, but not blackout falling down drunk, and i never got the spins or felt sick. I ate perfectly all day, and unfortunately had some pizza with the beer. I've been steering away from the mainstream supplements lately but this week i started animal pump, because i got a good deal on it from a friend. i know when starting a new product your body can react negatively to it at first, but my body seemed to be loving it for the first few days. This morning i woke up with a slight hangover, like a small headache, so i drank a bottle of water and it went away... like half an hour later i started feeling sick and i puked in my buddies bathroom, however it wasnt normal puke, at first it was but then i started puking up blood. I didn't think anything of it and i went home. I went to go back to bed because it was really early, and i woke up like 10 minutes later feeling sick again, so i went to get some water and layed on the couch. In a few minutes i was in the bathroom puking again. This time it was like black puke, followed by more blood, and i'm not talking a little, there was alot of blood. So i cleaned it up, drank some more water and went to have a shower, and right after my shower i felt sick again and puked in my bathtub, and it was just a mix of blood water and chunks of food.... i don't know what caused this, because like i said i wasn't that drunk and when i woke up i wasn't too hungover. Could it be something to do with mixing the creatine with the alcohol or had anyone ever had a similar experience? i slept most of the day after that and i still had a decent workout, just felt a bit sluggish in the gym. I didn't stop takin Pump, but if it happens again i will stop for sure... any input will be a big help, i'm a bit concerned about this, its always a bit weird when your puking up blood...

Hatred
07-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Blood in your vomit that looks like coffee grounds can be an indicator of a gastrointestianl ulcer.

Rusty
07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
9 out of 10 dentists agree that bloody vomit isn't good. Go see a doctor!

Gunshow
07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
definately didn't look like coffee grounds. It looked more like i got punched in the mouth a buncha times and was spitting up blood. I couldnt go to the doctor today b/c my dads tranny blew and he had to borrow my car, but tomorrow im definately gunna go see somebody. i just wanted to see if anybody had any idea what this could be. lol i'm not gunna be too happy if its an ulcer that would be no fun at all. Also i don't know if its worth mentioning but lately i have been having a decrease in strength. At first i was like ok i'm overtraining, so i lowered the volume a bit. Didn't help. so i said maybe i need to up my calories, did that for two weeks, again didn't help. I'm now back to the same volume of training i was at but i'm doing alot of speed/bodyweight work to see if that helps, but so far it seems like its not.

HighSchoolGuy
07-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Both creatine and alcohol put stress on the liver...but you'd have to have taken ALOT of both to be puking up blood. So yea, go see a doctor.

jdeity
07-21-2007, 04:07 PM
yup, def see a doc. Puking blood could be a serious thing. I wouldn't chance it.

jdeity
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
(this may sound ******ed, but are you positive it was blood? You did eat pizza and all, perhaps it was the food adn not blood? If you are sure it's blood, or pretty sure, I'd def want to see a doctor about it)

Gunshow
07-22-2007, 01:43 PM
yeah i'm pretty positive it was blood. It went away but i still want to go see my family doctor about it when i have a chance. It really did look like i got punched in the mouth after i puked, and all i could taste was blood, not vomit. Definately the most ****ed up thing thats happened to me, i was scared ****less for a while but it hasn't happened since and there is no blood in my **** or anything... so i think it was just a weird thing that happened.

jdeity
07-22-2007, 02:06 PM
there is no blood in my **** or anything... so i think it was just a weird thing that happened.

It could still be upper GI tract / esophageal bleeding, if the blood is coming out high enough in your digestive system it could very well mix with your, ahem, excrement before finally hitting the toilet, to the point you wouldn't see it in the bowl.

Gunshow
07-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I never thought of that... (blood in the poo thing). Do you know how they treat it if its GI bleeding? is it surgery or is there other ways they go about it? I think i can go see my doctor tomorrow, if not it will be the day after.

jdeity
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Dunno... I know that they may wanna give you an esophageal biopsy - I had one about a year ago. I got it done because there was a worry that, due to my long time / severe acid reflux, I may have had esophageal damage. It was actually pretty sweet - they gave me versed (sp?) and fentanyl injections, so I was doped out all day haha (to all chem dorks who know fent's short half life and think that statement didn't make sense, it was cuz I topped it off through the day lol)

Hatred
07-22-2007, 05:44 PM
If it was an ulcer most likely though the blood you would be seeing would be partially digested and black.
If it is an ulcer it's not big deal to take care of. But it is very serious.

Gunshow
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys, i'm pretty sure its not an ulcer, atleast i hope so, my dad said when he had an ulcer it was really painful and i haven't felt any pain, and also the blood was bright red. Gettin doped up for the day doesn't sound too bad haha. we'll see though i got an appointment for tomorrow.

Brad263
07-27-2007, 09:40 AM
So what happened?

Gunshow
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
They didn't do any testing just told me to watch for anything like this to happen again. Blood in my excrement, vomit etc... nothing has happened since, so i think this was just a freak thing that randomly happened, maybe a bad combination of too many things. I had just started taking creatine again about 4 days before this happened, i was drinking the night before(not enough to make me puke they way i did, but it still contributed i think) and i smoked a little bit of weed a ate alot of pizza in the middle of the night. I think all those factors just was really hard on my body and made me puke, i still can't explain the blood, but the doctor said as long as it doesn't happen again i should be fine.

Paul Stagg
07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Both creatine and alcohol put stress on the liver...but you'd have to have taken ALOT of both to be puking up blood. So yea, go see a doctor.

Creatine doesn't put undue stress on the liver. Please don't post when you don't know what you are talking about.