PDA

View Full Version : Nearing end of a cut, looking to rid those last few tenacious pounds.

Excelsior
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm (finally) getting close to the goal of where I want to be at the end of a cut. I'm 5'6" approxmately 145 lbs. My goal has always been to get to a relatively low bf% (around 10) and then to start a clean bulk. I could probably even begin now, however I'm wanting to get a bit leaner in order to give myself some breathing room for any fat I may inadverntently put on whlie trying to gain.

Of course in the beginning I had few problems shedding the fat as long as I remained at a deficit and continued with my routine. It seems things have slowed recently. I've dropped my calories as low as I really want to go (around 1800...maintence is about 2500). I'm looking for something to change up in order to push myself over the plateau. I'm considering manipulating my carb intake (like described in Built's article). Anyone had success with this in trying to shed those few last lbs? Any others option or variations? I've also looked into the full carb-cycling routine (3 days low carb, 3 days with)

My main concern is energy. Hopefully my workouts will remain ok if I base my carb intake around those times.

Also, I eat quite a bit of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, squash etc) given those are more fiberous, can they remain in the diet in low-carb periods? How would ine handle fruits, as I'm pretty fond of those too. :nod:

If it means anything i'm on a 4-day upper/lower, cardio 4 days and ice hockey usually 2 days a week.

IZWAR
07-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Try cycling some carb days, and doing Heavy Hiit Sessions. Check out the guerrilla cardio routine.

Al3X
07-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Excelsior, sounds you have everything in order. Have you taken a cheat day lately? that may push you over the hump. Try the carb cycling.

Excelsior
07-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys. I'll search for the Guerrila cardio.

I actually had a "cheat" day yesterday at my parents house, heh. My father grilled some burgers and what not, figured I'd indulge before I get really strict here. :)

Anyway, when you suggest the carb cycleing are you refering too the 3 days on, 3 days off type thing? So on the off days I should even restrict carbohydrates before/after workouts?

Thanks again guys, I'm looking forward to finishing this cut down!

Cirino83
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
try basing a majority of your carb intake around your workouts...