PDA

View Full Version : Hiit

raw157
07-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Now I have read up on it, so please don't tell me to read up on it, yet I have a few more questions.
1) Can the HIIT program be used in Cardio and Weight Lifting forms?
2) If I am trying to cut, can I use the HIIT Cardio side, and then just lift lighter, to keep my muscles strong, but not to the point where I am trying to bulk?

I think thats about it, if this belongs somewhere else, mods, feel free to move it.

Sorry about the newbish question.

EDIT: What would be an example of a HIIT Routine with weights?

Bako Lifter
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
If I am trying to cut, can I use the HIIT Cardio side, and then just lift lighter, to keep my muscles strong, but not to the point where I am trying to bulk?

I'm not sure about how to answer your questions, but what are your reasons for not lifting heavy during a cut?

Anthony
07-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Your original post doesn't make a lot of sense ... but I'll take a guess at what you were trying to say.

If you want to know whether you can do HIIT with a barbell / dumbell / weight / etc then the answer is YES. HIIT is just a protocol, it doesn't dictate what exercise you should use. Look into:

Tabata Squats
Tabata Chinups
Tabata Pushups
Tabata Thrusters
etc.

Lots of fun without running or biking.

raw157
07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure about how to answer your questions, but what are your reasons for not lifting heavy during a cut?

I don't have any really, I was just wondering more than anything.... thanks for the responses.
So pretty much just do it the way I have running, but with weight lifting. I have used this before for soccer, and that was all in running.

Thanks,
Bobby

raw157
07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
New Question,
What would be an example of a HIIT routine, with weights?

Anthony
07-23-2007, 05:06 AM
Grab the 45 pound bar.

Do as many thrusters as you can in 20 seconds. Rest 10 seconds.

Repeat for a total of 4 minutes - that will be 8 sets total.

Al3X
07-23-2007, 07:11 AM
If you can't comprehend how to incorporate HIIT style into your workout, maybe you should do a little more researching.