PDA

View Full Version : Alkaline/Vegan Diet - Anthony Robbins.

Binbs
07-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi all,

I was recently at a Anthony Robbins seminar in London. He talks about a lot of great things and ways to change your life for the better.

On the final day of the seminar he talks about diet. This I found to be very interesting.

Basically he talks about being on an alkaline diet. The Alkaline diet follows the theory that we must eat to maintain the natural ph level of the bloodstream, which is 7.3. Eating certain foods that acidify the bloodstream results in conditioning the body into a state that is more prone to disease.

He also promotes a basically vegan lifestyle allowing you to eat fish because of the healthy fatty acids.

Here is a list taken from www.energiseforlife.com

--------------------------------------
Foods that Alkalise:
• Vegetables (spinach, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumber, lettuce, courgette, cabbage, greens, swede, squash (summer, butternut, yellow etc)
• Salads
• Essential Fats (such as Udo's Choice, Flax/Linseed, Evening Primrose, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil etc)
• Fruits (ONLY - Lemons, Lime, Grapefruit, Watermelon, Tomato, Avocado)
• Soy, Grasses and Sprouts (more about these later!).
What to Avoid:

Sugar, dairy, meat (apart from fish occasionally or when transitioning), caffine, alcohol, tobacco, wheat, yeast, fruit (apart from those mentioned above), bad fats (saturated, transfatty acids, hydrogenated), salt.
The most effective way to reverse the trend of over-acidification is to ‘cleanse’ the body of toxins and rapidly create an alkaline environment in which the body can heal itself. Cleansing is a natural, holistic method of healing in which the body detoxifies itself and regenerates healthy vibrant cells, effectively becoming more alkalised.
For some people, cleansing might put an individual one year ahead in the healing process!

--------------------------------------------

Im really interested in knowing if someone here has done more research on the alkaline diet and your opinions on it.

You can find more info on alkaline diet on google if you want to learn more about it. Im in the process of testing it, and tbh I don’t feel a big difference than when I just ate healthy before. But would be interested if others have tried this.

I would also love to hear from the vegans on this forum, if there are any and if you could share your story on how changing to a vegan lifestyle has changed your life.

Best regards,

Binbs.

Paul Stagg
07-23-2007, 04:19 AM
I don't see how the acidity of food can affect the acidity of your blood, given all the chemical changes it goes through to become glucose, amino acids, and fatty acids.

That aside, the idea that eating fruits and vegatables is healthy isn't ground breaking, but it's not bad advice.

BigBossMan
07-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I have read about this as well. I don't know how much sense it makes. To be honest. I have tried alot of holistic 'healing' diets myself and haven't found any to be worth continuing. I just bought a couple of books though. Becoming a vegetarian by vesanto melina and diet and nutrition a holisitic approach by rudolph ballentine.