PDA

View Full Version : Subway sandwiches and sodium..

Altephor
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
According to the Subway website, a 6 in. BMT contains 1770 mg of sodium! Is that correct? Even Ramen noodles (which are mostly salt) only have 760 mg of sodium, and that's 33% of daily value. Meaning the 12 inch sub I just had was about 1.6x my daily value.

I thought Subway was supposed to be all about healthy.

Unholy
07-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Do you have problems with hypertension? Do you drink enough water every day?

If you don't have problems and you drink a lot of water I wouldn't worry.

bigtymer
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Sodium is used as a preservative in nearly all lunch meats.......if youre concerned with sodium intake try the chicken teryiaki...

Unreal
07-24-2007, 07:07 AM
No fast food place is about being healthy. Subway just offers some better choices then other places, but some of their stuff is just as bad or worse. A BMT with cheese/mayo would be a good example of a fat/cal/sodium loaded sandwich.

greekboy80
07-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I agree with the above posters.

You could do better, but also, SO much worse.

I like Subway in a pinch for a "clean" lunch or dinner. But, I also like any fast food rest. that you can get 2 grilled chicken sands., or a grilled chicken salad. Thats clean and good too!

jamrock
07-24-2007, 08:49 AM
whole wheat, or honey oat.

roast chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, banana peppers, jalepenos, oil, vinegar, pepper, oregano, if I remember a squirt of mustard.

where I work most places sell plates of food for like 9-10 bucks. chicken grill or chicken chicken, or chicken kitchen all cost an arm and a leg for a bowl of rice a breast and some curry sauce. that sub, not a combo still runs be about 6 bucks for a 6" in this local..

I'm trying to go more liquid..

ddegroff
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
OP I thought you were nuts. But then looked at the nutrition facts myself and noticed all of the subs are 1000+ of sodium.

Like Unholy said, plenty of water and no risk for hypertension you should be fine.

God I hate genetics no more subway for me...

SelfMade
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Ya i thought it was healthy lol!!!

Bikkstah
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I dislike the amount of people who speak 0% English that work at my Subway more than the sodium content of their food :(