PDA

View Full Version : On a cut, and I have almost no fat in my food, that bad?

ArmandSV
07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
so looking at my tracking for last 7 days
and my averages are
Fat - 20.9% (435 grams)
Protein - 33.5% (1,566 grams)
Carbohydrates - 42.2% (1,971 grams)
Alcohol - 3.4% (92 grams)

and I just planned out my week of meal and for today it looks like my food will be
Calories 1913, my limit is 2000-2100 a day
Fat - 13.5% (29 grams)
Protein - 38.8% (186 grams)
Carbohydrates - 36.5% (175 grams)

So do I need to adjust and eat more fat, or are all the carbs ok. (the carbs come from a bean salad, a cup of cereal, and pasta, but the pasta only has 5g digestible carbs per serving, oh and berries and fruit)

my point is that I'm not chomping down on bread all day, but is a bean salad ok? (garbanzo, kidney, onion, carrot, bell pepper, corn, beets)

and if I do need to supplement with fats, which ones?
peanut butter, avocado, olive oil, what?
(i do take at large fish oil)

Unholy
07-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Some stats would be helpful, you should be eating .5g of healthy fat for every lb of LBM you have. For me thats 100g of fat a day. For you I can't say. Maybe you are a 60lb Japanese school girl, in which case your fat consumption is perfect.

ArmandSV
07-23-2007, 05:09 PM
oh right stats, duh

5' 11"
172 lb
21.0% body fat (according to scale, probably closer to low teens, actually)

and of the carbs when I listed todays numbers 45g are fiber

does that mean I actually only had 130g carbs?

and what are good ways to get fat?

Questor
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
A McDonalds double cheeseburger is a good way to get fat in your diet. Also consider peanut butter, peanuts, avocados, and drinking olive oil.

But seriously. People around here are way too picky. I eat a double cheese burger with only one of the two buns every day. So what if it's a rich source of saturated fat and trans fat, I keep my macros where they're supposed to be, and I eat two servings of oatmeal every day for breakfast.

Unholy
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
A McDonalds double cheeseburger is a good way to get fat in your diet. Also consider peanut butter, peanuts, avocados, and drinking olive oil.

But seriously. People around here are way too picky. I eat a double cheese burger with only one of the two buns every day. So what if it's a rich source of saturated fat and trans fat, I keep my macros where they're supposed to be, and I eat two servings of oatmeal every day for breakfast.

I would avoid the unhealthy fat personally. I don't want a heart attack. Natty PB, Fish, Avocados, Olive oil, other nuts, milk, get creative bro.

Questor
07-23-2007, 05:27 PM
If I were to eat double cheeseburgers because I like them, because it was part of my natural tendencies, I would believe that I would eat them for decades to come, which could increase the likelyhood of a heart attack.

However, I am specifically using them as a supplement during my bulk. Face it. They're a cheap source of big calories, very little of which is carb.

When I am done bulking (~200 lbs or so) I will remove the cheeseburgers and cut.

I think the thinking of this board is misplaced in this regard. Most of us bulk/cut in cycles of a few seasons or a year. Six months of cheeseburgers is not going to give me a heart attack.

And like I said, I don't exceed my saturated fat quota I have set for myself. I offset my saturated fats with fiber.

Lastly though, I have to admit that I know the trans fat in the cheeseburger blows chunks, and I keep hoping mcd's will change their grease.

VikingWarlord
07-23-2007, 07:33 PM
However, I am specifically using them as a supplement during my bulk.

And the OP is on a cut. You say you'll remove the cheeseburgers on a cut. Why the hell would you suggest eating those when what you're doing is the exact polar opposite of what the OP asked?

BBB
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
And the OP is on a cut. You say you'll remove the cheeseburgers on a cut. Why the hell would you suggest eating those when what you're doing is the exact polar opposite of what the OP asked?

:withstupi

Given your stats you should be getting about 68 g of good fats a day and at least 136 grams of protein. You're protein count looks good, I'd just trade out some carbs for fat - and 2000 calories a day is about right for your size.

Mr. D
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
In another thread started by you I suggested these macros
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1741023&postcount=5

For fat eat peanut butter, avocados,olive oil, walnuts, fish oil, almonds, cashews.

Questor
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM

My point is, if you need the fat, then it's a cheap fix.

I need the supplemental fat. This guy just needs fat.

Questor
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Though you're right, thinking back on my last cut I wouldn't have eaten mcds because it was too high in calories. I pretty much misposted in this thread.

Agreed, drop the carbs for fats. Peanut butter :)

ArmandSV
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
In another thread started by you I suggested these macros
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1741023&postcount=5

For fat eat peanut butter, avocados,olive oil, walnuts, fish oil, almonds, cashews.

true, and I thank you for the information, I'm using your macro guidelines

I guess the main point of this thread was to ask what the consequences, or negative effects of having such a low fat diet would be?

especially in requard to losing my midsection fat and building muscle

I know on a cut, i should expect to lose some muscle mass and not build muscle, but I train hard, AM circuit training, 10 reps per exerciser, 4 times through the circuit, and do jump ropes, push ups, pull ups and abs at night.
I just want to get lean and cut, that is my main goal right now, then I will do a bulking cycle.

BBB
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
true, and I thank you for the information, I'm using your macro guidelines

I guess the main point of this thread was to ask what the consequences, or negative effects of having such a low fat diet would be?

especially in requard to losing my midsection fat and building muscle

I know on a cut, i should expect to lose some muscle mass and not build muscle, but I train hard, AM circuit training, 10 reps per exerciser, 4 times through the circuit, and do jump ropes, push ups, pull ups and abs at night.
I just want to get lean and cut, that is my main goal right now, then I will do a bulking cycle.

Read here to find out about the fat. http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/stuff-ive-published/

And, um, I think you may want to reconsider your lifting routine. Circuits and high reps suck for cutting - esp. if you want to preserve lbm.

ArmandSV
07-23-2007, 10:42 PM
does this sound like a program that on a cut would result
in muscle mass loss?

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459809

*I'm not using my working one rep max, I already have a hard enough time with 135 on squat and dead lift, but I'm keeping my form perfect. and because I'm not used to these lifts, I think form is more important at the moment

but I'm still sweating my ass off, and exhausted after the sets, IE ready to puke exhausted