Looking to Improve
Just a few questions i'm hoping someone can help answer:
1 - I've only been working out seriously for about 2 and a half months now. I've already seen some good gains in both my chest, arms and back. Now my first question is that I've noticed the inside part of my chest is falling behind and theres a noticeable difference in size. Is there a certain workout that i can do to improve my size or will it just catch up as i keep working out?
2 - Does it matter what time of day i workout? Right now i work out at 7:30am.
3 - What does Flax Seed oil do?
4 - How do you maintain muscle mass when your unable to go to the gym? I was unable to go to the gym for 3 months and noticed a large amont of muscle lose.
5 - I joined a soccer league at work, how much affect will this have on my muscle gaining? Would i just have to increase my workout load and overall calorie intake?
6 - I've noticed some of you bench like 250+ and im wondering, does overall strength increase the more you workout?
I hope thats not to many questions and i hope someone can help me,
Originally Posted by LDIas
1. It will catch up.
2. No. Whatever is most convenient for you
3. Nothing that a good diet can't provide. However if your diet is lacking in good fats, then it may be a decent alternative.
4. Bodyweight exercises such as chins, dips, wall squats, elevated pushups...with a little creativity and attention to diet you can avoid losing a lot of muscle mass.
5. I'd keep the workout load the same and increase the caloric intake and rest periods.
6. It depends. You will eventually reach a point where you can't get any stronger. However if you have a good routine, diet and plenty of rest, you can keep getting stronger for a very long time (decades). Most people never reach their genetic potential anyway so it's nothing to really worry about for a long while yet.