Lipoderm Ultra (LU) + capsaicin (cap) + Nicotine Patches (NP)(also, taking 3-6 thermocin caps per day from 6/2-6/16
- 6/4 - applied cap + 4 squirts LU and cut Habitrol 14mg NP in 1/4s and applied two of the pieces an inch to each side of my belly button.
The LU is a brown juice like dirty dish/toilet water. It applied cleanly without leaving any obvious residue like abSolved had. Mild tingling in the area lasted about 3 hours.
- 6/6 - upped each dose of LU to 5 squirts per application (AM/PM), 3 covering the abdominal area now.
I am seeing the effects of the AbSolved much more clearly now.
I can now identify that I have a ton of subcutaneous fat over the muscle, and I'm eager to see what happens once I shed it and the results of both lotions becomes more apparent.
- 6/8 - the habitrol patches are a joke, getting them to stick to my skin is nearly impossible, not sure if its because I'm applying them to soon after applying the lotions so they can't adhere to the skin, or perhaps the fact that I've cut them (and most of the sticky is around the borders).
Went to the company store here and picked up a box of 14 NP Nicoderm CQ 7mg patches (23$). I applied a full one to the same area as I have been applying the habitrols and noticed that this patch also has a hard time adhering. I have been shaving this area to ensure all the creams get directly on the skin and not goat any hairs, so my stomach is fairly smooth...with mm length hair growth, guess I need to keep up with the shaving of this area to ensure these patches stick.
Weight loss is still on target with my gradual decline. I will post numbers later tonight which I've been tracking now for roughly 3-4 weeks.
- 6/11 - its obvious to be now that it wasn't the habitrol patches, but the fact that the cap and LU leave a residue on my skin that seems to last for hours. I have been ATTEMPTING to stick the NP to my skin after 2 hours with little luck...they inevitably fall off after about 1 second, with the adhesive covered in oils that prevent them from every sticking to anything again.
I've found that some of the residue/oil comes off on my clothing, making the patches easier to adhere near my waist line, unfortunatly from what I've read the benefit of the patches is extremely localized (within an inch or two I gathered)
Also of note, I've figured out how to make dualing y axes on my excel spreadsheets where I plot my weight/bodyfat (AM, midday, PM) I know my scaling habits seem a bit freakish, but I'm a fan of data, the more the better.
I can see trends now that are caused by alcohol intake which affect my hydration levels and thus I assume throw off bodyfat levels.
In any event, I'll be putting up a colorful graph of my weekly averages once I have 5-6 weeks of them to show...
In the mirror my abs are starting to show through...my obliques are always well hidden, and for some reason my serratus tend to be the focal point of my mid torso region...I worked them way to hard back in 98-01 time frame.
Cap related heat is a non issue...with the occassional flare up for 15 minutes if I apply to closely after a shower (<3minutes), if I shave the area (leaving small tearing in the epidermis I assume that causes the pain), or if I exfoliate the area. Combining the three (<3 min shower application/shave/exfoliate) is a recipe for a volcano like feeling on ur skin.
Also of note...I'm now applying 10 squirts per day (5/5)
Also, wearing some type of shorts/pants/underwear at all times (especially sleeping) is very strongly advised, especially while sleeping. The 7AM testosterone response has been a natural wakeup call for me way to many times already...and a feeling of acid being poured over your genitals isn't a fun way to wake up
- 6/16 - signed up for a cruise outta Miami that leaves 7/1 and comes back on 7/5 so I've sped up my diet plan slightly
Also have bumped up the dosages of lipoderm from 10 squirts to the fully 18 per day.
1 per oblique, 3 above belly button, 3 below on a 2x per day schedule.
I haven't been doing any refeeds or anything like that. My abs are becoming visible although still not at a point where anybody would accuse me of having abs although my serratus are coming through nicely and some stunod might mistake them for abs. I still have about 8-12 lbs of weight to drop to get that effect as I'm probably around 12% bf (weighing in around 199ish)
I'm starting to realize 3 things
1) rather than doing a large bulk and a large cut I'd probably be better off doing 2 of each throughout the year, so there is less fat to shed and so it doesn't take as long to shed it.
2) cutting is so much easier than bulking
3) I had no business taking the absolved/lipoderm at such high bf levels (12-16%) The more I've been reading on the Avant forums the more it appears that this stuff is geared for people under 10% at least...ideally under 8%
I plan on maintaining the 25/2400 levels until I stop losing weight or 8/15, whichever comes first.
- 6/23 - Things are coming along well...haven't been consistant with the capsacin mostly because I'm lazy and wake up to late to wait for it to dry before i go to work! but have been regular with the NP and LO. My bottle is nearly ending so I'll be taking a break from this stuff in a few days (maybe 2-3) I wont start back up on this stuff until mid july-early august by which time I hope to be about 5-6 pounds lighter and at a better body weight for the LO to have an impact. I've been reading up on Sesathin and Leptigen Basic and have convinced myself that they are worthy of an investment. While maintaining my diet levels I'll add them in and will be able to track any impact in weight changes, but bf% will have to be eyeballed since the Tanita scale I'm using has given me the same reading for the past 6 weeks, I got my mom to get on it over the weekend and she got the same reading, so I KNOW she isn't 17% bf *LOL* I was hoping to use it to track incremental changes in my bf but it doesn't seem to be working as well as it does in theory...might be a bum unit.
- 6/26 - Skin irritation similar to from the AbSolved product is beginning to show, so I've discontinued use just as I've finished the bottle.
Review: When I started using this product I was around 200.5 and by the time I finished I was about x. My bf might have gone down about 1-2% and I'm probably in the 10-11% range at the completion.
Overall the difference from the product has been very minor. It wasn't until after I started using the product that I read on Avants forums that this product should be used at very low bf's, under 8% ideally. They SUCK for documenting/informing customers on their products, and their support and sales stuff is seriously lacking also, i've had way to many problems placing orders, both online and by phone, to bother dealing with this company again.
I have 2 more bottles of this stuff which I'll use eventually and make another report when my bf is under 8%.
On a scale of 1-10 I'd give this product a 2. Based on the Avant suggestion and how effective they claim the cap + nicotine is, I should give Lipo-Ultra a 1, since a portion of the benefit came from the other things!
It wasn't worth 35$ for me.