Creamy Italian Chicken ( in a crookpot )
I got this recipe, but I have not tried it yet, so I cannot comment on how it taste, but it is very simple and sounds great.
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
* 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened ( Use fat free for less fat)
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
* Hot cooked pasta or rice
* Fresh oregano leaves, optional
CATEGORY Main Dish
METHOD Slow Cooker
PREP 5 min.
COOK 240 min.
TOTAL 245 min.
Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cook 1 hour longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over pasta or rice. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Totals ( this was with fat free cream cheese ).
Calories = 980
Fat = 13
Carbs = 63
Protein = 149
1 serving totals
Calories = 245
Fat = 3.25
Carbs = 15.75
Protein = 37.25