"Lift Strong" CD Review
So I bought the Lift Strong CD from EliteFTS. The cost was 24.95 with no shipping costs. Figured even if it was crappy that at least my money was going to a good cause.
I haven't read all the articles (~60), though I've read through a couple and glanced quickly at others. There are quite a few articles from some of the biggest names. Lyle McDonald has a training article, Mark Phillipi has an article that was written with Ed Coan. There is a mini book on coaching/training Olympic Lifts. There's also a pretty good article about the spine and keeping it healthy. Being a motivational as well as informative CD, there is of course a couple of non technical articles that provide more of an insight into gaining the right sort of mindset. So far I'm very happy with the purchase. It isn't going to have the effect that Starting Strength or Super Training has, but it is a good solid compilation of training literature. Some of the topics have some information that is kind of bland and along the "duh" lines, but it also has articles that are more specialized, such as training women with anemia. Overall a lot of good solid information in the bits and pieces I have read so far. Would recommend everybody, beginner and the more advanced lifter, to pick it up. Even if you're a know it all (we seem to have an abundant amount on this board) the money goes to a great cause.
I went through and copy and pasted the titles so you can get a look at all the articles.
1. Adam Campbell - How to Spot An Expert.pdf
2. Alan Aragon - Nutrition for General Health Is Only As Complicated As You Make It.pdf
3. Bill Hartman - Training Deficiencies for Increased Strength.pdf
4. Bob Youngs - 7 Considerations for Goal Setting.pdf
5. Brian Grasso - Art of Coaching.pdf
6. Chad Waterbury - 369 Method.pdf
7. Charles Staley Why I Don't Want To Power Clean.pdf
8. Chris Mohr - Exercise for Cancer Patients.pdf
9. Chris Shugart - Display Adaptability.pdf
10. Craig Ballantyne - Fat Loss for Busy Men & Women.pdf
11. Dan John - Training Programs Are Great.pdf
12. Dave Tate - Back to the Future.pdf
13. Dax Moy - Integrated Movement.pdf
14. Doorman - Lifting the Training Veil.pdf
15. Eric Cressey - Build the Athlete.pdf
16. Gray Cook & Brett Jones - Safe Strength.pdf
17. Harry Selkow - Quitting Is Not So Easy.pdf
18. Jack Reape -Frequency.pdf
19. James Smith - Considerations of Planning Training.pdf
20. Jason C. Brown - Kettlebell Training for Sport.pdf
21. Jason Ferruggia - Optimal vs Reality.pdf
22. Jim - Smitty - Smith - COT.pdf
23. Jimmy Smith - Management Post Breast Cancer.pdf
24. Joe DeFranco - NFL Linebacker In-Season Strength Program.pdf
25. Joe Dowdell - Recovery & Regeneration.pdf
26. Joe Stankowski - Quest for the Golden Monkey.pdf
27. John Alvino - Thermogenesis and Fat Loss.pdf
28. John Berardi - Acid Base Nutrition.pdf
29. Julia Ladewski - Pre-Season Basketball Training.pdf
30. Keith Scott - Self Assessment.pdf
31. Lee Taft - Olympic Style Lifting and explosive lifting mini-book.pdf
32. Lori Incledon - Anemia and Athletic Women.pdf
33. Lori Incledon - Scientific Approach to Changing Body Composition.pdf
34. Lou Schuler - You'll Always Be A Busboy.pdf
35. Lyle McDonald - Abbreviated Training.pdf
36. Mark Phillipi - Ed Coan Program.pdf
37. Michael Stare DC - Fundamentals of Optimal Spine Health.pdf
38. Mike Boyle - The Lunge.pdf
39. Mike Mahler- High Octane Cardio.pdf
40. Mike Mejia - Hard Gaining Made Easy.pdf
41. Mike Robertson - Goal Setting.pdf
42. Mike Rousell - The Secret .pdf
43. Nick Grantham - Combat Circuits.pdf
44. Patrick Beith - Complete 40 Yard Dash Training.pdf
45. Pavel Tsatsouline - RKC Ladder.pdf
46. Rachel Cosgrove - Best Shape of Your Life.pdf
47. Robert Dos Remedios - 10 Things I See in the Gyms Today.pdf
48. Ryan Lee - Time Saving Workouts.pdf
49. Steve Shafley - Frugal Training.pdf
50. Steven Holt - The Routine That Worked Wonders.pdf
51. Susan Hill - The Power to Change.pdf
52. TC Luoma - Corn-Fed Blubber.pdf
53. TC Luoma - Heart of the Matter.pdf
54. Todd Hamer - Coaching.pdf
55. Tony Gentilcore - The Question.pdf
56. Tony Reynolds -LevelOneWorkout.pdf
57. Zach Even-Esh - Outdoor Fitness.pdf
i'm confused.. how do you read the articles on a cd?
CDs don't just store audio files. You can store a massive amount of written files. All of the articles are stored in pdf format on the CD, I'm assuming to keep costs as low as possible.
ohhh its for the computer.. sorry i wasnt thinking lol.
Haha it's all good man.
I just posted a list of the articles.
Got a CD burner so you can make us all copies? :)
Send $25 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and sure, I'll make a copy.
I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive. I don't actually care if the cd is in pieces when I get it either, I'll just donate again.
I purchased it also.....I am excited to see whatit has on it. I am a teacher so I will have all summer to read all the articles. Buy one good info plus its for a good cause.