I train alone so any help I can get on my squat form would be good. First two sets are raw, last 3 are in briefs. One thing I notice off the bat is my elbows are pointing almost straight back; my shoulder flexibility sucks.
Last edited by Pete22; 12-19-2008 at 07:58 PM.
what song is that?
Things I see are pushing your knees out (I watched mostly the last rep, since its the most important one IMO), and I can't tell if you are keeping your arch tight on the box or not, from the angle.
great lifts man! and great song.
750/425/625/1800 at SPF Georgia State meet on 8/07/10
Started Powerlifting: September 08
On your briefs sets think about pushing your but back more. You're sitting straight down right now and you should be sitting back.
Best Meet Lifts(Raw):
@165- 430(w/wraps) SQ 260 BE 560 DL.....1250 total
@181- 470(w/wraps) SQ 285 BE 565 DL.....1320 total
Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
@148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
@165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
@181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
Best Gym Lifts(Raw)
455(w/wraps) SQ 275 BE 545 DL
1. Drive your head back into the bar. It's out in front of you
2. Jack those elbows under the bar as much as possible. This will lock in your upper back and keep your chest out
3. Don't rock on the box. Make your free squat and box squat identical. You can't rock in the hole free squatting, don't get in the habit box squatting.
4. I'd free squat, personally
5. Push your hips back before you bend your knees
6. Open you knees way up. This will increase your arch, tightness and stability in the hole.
You're strong, so just clean things up. And, go find training partners. You can't excel in powerlifting on your own.
Last edited by RhodeHouse; 12-19-2008 at 09:57 PM.