I saw a post earlier about funny exercises we have seen and thought I would post another one.
Some guy about 250lbs high body fat came into the gym, stretched and then started his workout.
- Thrusts (dumbells). Grabbed 12.5lb dumbells and did thrusts (remember, he weighs about 250lbs). More like 1/2 thrusts because he barely bent his rear knee. He would step forward with his right foot straight in front, then step to his forward right, then to his forward left making sure to twist his torso. Did 3 sets of 9 thrusts for each leg.
- Squats (free standing, kind of). Hold onto a machine with both hands and squat to just less than 90 degrees, grunt, stand back up. Don't let go of the machine. 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Cable pull downs (lat pulldown machine). Stand facing the cable pulldown, grab the bar in a wide stance, keep your arms straight and lean back bending your legs. Stand back up. 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Cable pull downs 2 (Lat pulldown machine). Sit on the bench facing away from the machine and grab the bar in a narrow grip. Turn to your left and pull the bar down to your chin making sure the cable runs across your forehead then do the same to your right and then in front of you. 2 sets of 10 (guess the bruise across his forehead from the cable started to hurt?).
- Shoulder bench press (Upright bench machine). Sit on the seat (facing the correct way!), cross your arms in front of you with your forearms against the handles and push your shoulders forward moving the weight with your forearms. 3 sets of 10 with roughly a 4" range of motion.
He then did a fairly good set on the leg press. Well, fairly good compared to what I had seen to that point.
I tried to be nice and let him know that I would be happy to show him how to use the machines (it's a community gym, very small) but he said he was following a program from a good book.
Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.
Well, you tried.
I want that book.
"Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie
PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine
does he know how to read??
I guess I have no room to talk after yesterday
I was gonna finish my shoulder workout with some cable lat raises and I figured I'd use both cables and do both shoulders at once......yea....the cables aren't long enough, needless to say I looked like a moron. So then I did one arm lat raises on the cables anyhow, cuz I didn't give a **** what anyone though
I want that book too jane, sounds good
Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody