What do you guys think, are the most important muscles for use in football and why?
I would say counting down top 5:
5. Triceps (any pushing involves them, like blocking)
4. Shoulders (take a beating from hits and also used a lot in pushing, being bent over durin pushing uses them more )
3. Chest (Obviously its the reason bench is important, again very important for pushing aswell as shedding blocks and everything else)
2. Legs (everything u do in football involves using the legs whether its trying to stay on your feet while being tackled, pushing the pile, blocking, tackling, everything uses momentum from your legs)
1. Lower Back (its where u get ur hitting power from, which in a lot of ways is what football is about)
I know the body works as a unit in football but you have to admit some muscles/body parts are more used than others. IMHO i couldve switched 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 as they are kinda tossups. And I know hitting power also comes a lot from the glutes along with the lower back and other things, so i kind of counted those two as one. Just for me since ive started deads and GM's my hitting power has really increased.
So agree? disagree? Whats your guys top five?
Last edited by rbar89; 08-05-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Age: 19 | height: 6'1''
Current Maxes: (May 2009)
Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
"When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."