Hey I noticed that everytime I eat an apple I start breaking stweat around my nose/sinus areas - like getting hot flashes. It doesn't happen with any other fuits/veggies/food I eat.
It doesn't bother me but I find the reaction interesting. It fees like a stimulant - could it be the body releasing the adrenaline to get rid of the allergen?
I don't have any known allergies btw.
It is very possible... Although it is quite likely the pesticides that they coat the apples in (most other fruits you dont eat the exterior of- ie, you peel oranges/bananas). Do you wash then well?
If you think you are allergic to apples then stop eating them, if you are allergic to only one brand of apples then stop eating that brand because it is probably something they used in growing said apple.
Hmmm - I buy organic apples Does not depend on the brand - get the same thing for any. It doesn't bother me - kinda like it actually. Just curious to figure out what it means...
It doesn't sound like a traditional allergy or allergic reaction. It's very possible that it is an allergy, but it can also be purely coincidental.
Good news is several people on this board would highly recommend sticking to veggies due to the higher GI of some fruits. The organic recommendation is also a good one - it may cost you $1 for one apple, but it's worth a shot.
Apples aren't acidic at all, so we can rule that out. (pH typically over 7) [EDIT: I only wrote this because I thought you were having stomach problems as well.]