The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: WBB1.1 Advice

Wannabebig Member

WBB1.1 Advice

hey guys, im in the 5th week of wbb1.1.. so this is the first week of different loading parameters..

the first 3 weeks of wbb1.1 i followed the routine, probably lifting a little heavier than the % it suggested.. 4th week i got bored, of lifting so light, and just starting lifting alot heavier.. probably closer to like 85% of 1rm..

it seems that the first 2 sets of loading parameters are mainly designed for people who are more so just starting out at the gym, and to help get into a routine, and wake all the muscles up.. ive been going to the gym for 6 months prior to starting this routine.. however, got crap results, due to lack of knowledge, proper routine, and bad eating habbits..

my question is this..
    should i just jump straight to the 3rd set of loading parameters 8-10reps x 2-3sets - 80-85% 1rm
    or 4th set 6reps x 2-3sets - 85-90% 1rm

i read everywhere on the forum, eat right and lift heavy.. i am eating right.. but the current stage of the routine isnt allowing me to lift heavy, and honestly do love to lift as heavy as i can, and really push my limits..
    Last edited by AdamD; 07-25-2007 at 07:00 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Training
    In your routine if the weights are too light for you, then increase it! You won't grow unless your body is breaking the muscle fibers down. You're under the right impression "eat right and lift heavy". So apply it.
    Starting over...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    hey guys, im in the 5th week of wbb1.1.. so this is the first week of different loading parameters..

the first 3 weeks of wbb1.1 i followed the routine, probably lifting a little heavier than the % it suggested.. 4th week i got bored, of lifting so light, and just starting lifting alot heavier.. probably closer to like 85% of 1rm..

it seems that the first 2 sets of loading parameters are mainly designed for people who are more so just starting out at the gym, and to help get into a routine, and wake all the muscles up.. ive been going to the gym for 6 months prior to starting this routine.. however, got crap results, due to lack of knowledge, proper routine, and bad eating habbits..

my question is this..
    should i just jump straight to the 3rd set of loading parameters 8-10reps x 2-3sets - 80-85% 1rm
    or 4th set 6reps x 2-3sets - 85-90% 1rm

i read everywhere on the forum, eat right and lift heavy.. i am eating right.. but the current stage of the routine isnt allowing me to lift heavy, and honestly do love to lift as heavy as i can, and really push my limits..

Either you dont really know what your 1RM is and used the wrong percents, or you rested longer than 1 minute between the 6 sets of the first stage. The first stage is meant to be challenging as well.

Lifting heavy is relative. It depends on the person and what they consider to be heavy in terms of reps.

The main thing is progression, nutrition, and rest.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    how important are the loading paramter stages? can i just pick two, e.g. 3 and 4.. and alternate between those every 3 weeks or so..? so that way im always lifting very heavy, and i can just constantly increase whenever i can..?

Wannabebig Member
    anyone?? shed some light?

Training
    What is the problem? Just increase the weight, when you need to.
    Starting over...

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    how important are the loading paramter stages? can i just pick two, e.g. 3 and 4.. and alternate between those every 3 weeks or so..? so that way im always lifting very heavy, and i can just constantly increase whenever i can..?
    thats "the problem"..

the exercises and routine are all good and i am enjoying i guess. however im wanting to know how important the loading parameters, and reps/sets are..

Wannabebig Member
    hello??!? lol

Dude like everyone said, if the weights are to light, just increase the amount of weight. WBB 1.1 is pre-made routine, that doesnt mean everything about it is set in stone...if I dont feel like doing a pull through then I'm not going to do a pull through. If you feel you need more weight then like Al3x said
    "In your routine if the weights are too light for you, then increase it!"

Add more weight, eat right, keep up the routine, and stop worrying about the little things.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal