Thread: X-Rep.com

Dr. Bodybuilder

X-Rep.com

I have been thinking about purchasing some of their books but wanted to get a second opinion. I have read their stuff on BB.com and they sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

Thanks.
    Last edited by c3p; 07-26-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    Freshmen at Baylor College of Medicine
    Current status: Bulking

Which books? I would do a search for them, maybe find some reviews or possibly find the majority of the content

Dr. Bodybuilder
    Either 3D Muscle Building, Beyond X-Rep or The Ultimate Mass Workout.

Note: These are eBooks.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    http://www.3dmusclebuilding.com/
    http://x-rep.com/

Wow! 60 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks!

I would say stay away from any of them if they're saying crap like that. And their claims are outrageous.

I'd recommend these books instead ~>
    Link #1
    Link #2

60+ years of training knowledge is just a tad better than the site you're referring to. Pick up those books. It'll be the best money you've spent to help your lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by c3p View Post
    Note: These are eBooks.
    And crappy ones at that.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 07-27-2007 at 12:40 AM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Dr. Bodybuilder
    I was aware of their crazy claims but still considered how great their material was on BB.com.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post

I would say stay away from any of them if they're saying crap like that. And their claims are outrageous.

Link #1
    Link #2

60+ years of training knowledge is just a tad better than the site you're referring to. Pick up those books. It'll be the best money you've spent to help your lifting.

And crappy ones at that.
    I agree on all fronts.

63 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks, 3 workouts per week - that's over 5 pounds of muscle per workout. They couldn't at least come up with a reasonable lie to sell their stuff?
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

considered how great their material was on BB.com.
    I like you, so I'll say this: Never go there again.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah their claims are a bit riduculous, but some of their advice is pretty solid i believe.

like begining movements from the stretch position, forced reps, static contractions, yadda yadda yadda...

nothing ground breaking tho

if u want to try their routines for some change of pace id say give it a shot ive seen the routines they look pretty balanced, just dont expect to gain 60 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks, id say 15-20 in 4 months is a reasonable goal, and pretty damn good

so will u gain 5 pounds a workout no, but they routines may throw in some good variations in stagnant training.

but most of the stuff is common logic if youve did your homework and reading about weightlifting.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Dr. Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    I agree on all fronts.

63 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks, 3 workouts per week - that's over 5 pounds of muscle per workout. They couldn't at least come up with a reasonable lie to sell their stuff?
    Yes, I realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by IZich View Post
    I like you, so I'll say this: Never go there again.
    Thanks. Most of the stuff on there is crap but there are some articles that have helped me out tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    yeah their claims are a bit riduculous, but some of their advice is pretty solid i believe.

like begining movements from the stretch position, forced reps, static contractions, yadda yadda yadda...

nothing ground breaking tho

if u want to try their routines for some change of pace id say give it a shot ive seen the routines they look pretty balanced, just dont expect to gain 60 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks, id say 15-20 in 4 months is a reasonable goal, and pretty damn good

so will u gain 5 pounds a workout no, but they routines may throw in some good variations in stagnant training.

but most of the stuff is common logic if youve did your homework and reading about weightlifting.
    I have been looking for a source that teaches training techniques and shows how to implement them into a workout. I felt that this would teach me. Could you shed some light on how you saw the routines and such? I have been looking all around for it on the internet, apparently it is not circulated very much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    Ever heard the saying: "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."?

Yes, I realized that.

Thanks. Most of the stuff on there is crap but there are some articles that have helped me out tremendously.

I have been looking for a source that teaches training techniques and shows how to implement them into a workout. I felt that this would teach me. Could you shed some light on how you saw the routines and such? I have been looking all around for it on the internet, apparently it is not circulated very much.
    Well then, you would be MUCH better off trying out the books that Scarz recommended. There are much better books out there than the ones you mentioned. They don't make outrageous claims (one hint they're crap), and they were written by guys who actually are respected in the training world and have practiced what they preach.

Good Books =
    Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
    Anything by Mike Boyle, Alwyn Cosgrove, Lou Schuler, Mike Mejia, John Berardi etc.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    and dont forget christian thibedeaux, dan john, dave tate, eric cressey, pretty much any of the authors from T-nation.

yeah i have heard of the phrase "even a broke clock is right twice a day" in fact its one of my favs to use to make fun of dumb people when they get something right

if your looking for a gfood way to put all of the training techniques in training its simple.

muscle is built in three primary waves. heavy weight, high volume, time under tension

begining of the workout use a heavy exercise like 10x3 or 5x5, then choose two exercise for volume like 4-6 x 8-12, then last exercise just choos eit and go to failure, or just short, pretty simple but its hard work and allows for lots of variation
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Yeah totally unreliable.

Everyone knows that only by using anator p70 can one defy genetics and common sense to gain 60 pounds in 4 weeks.

It shot my bench up 200 pounds in 6 days

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post

Link #1
    Link #2

And crappy ones at that.

Must involve an extreamly dangerouse amount of steroids to get that

I don't understand why people buy books on bodybuilding. I get all the information I need on WBB!
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5