Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vince young QB

vince young QB

ok, yesterday he got in a scuffle with one of his teammates. punches were thrown. the altercation started when a defensive player just LIT UP a receiver. honestly the hit was a little too much for PRACTICE.lol

anyways after the hit vince young stuck up for his reciever and retaliated with a couple punches to the defensive player. i can't find the video, but for those who have seen it:

IS THIS HEALTHY? i don't think it was that bad, i kinda liked it, the only thing that i didn'tlike was it seemed as if lil fights broke off from the original.

i love the fact that linebacker went for a big hit in practice.
    love the fact vince young stuck up for his teammate and got physcial.

but dont love seeing more then 1 pair of team players fighting.

i wonder how the titans and vince young will fare this season.
    i bleed oil

"but seriously dude georgeous women reside everywhere, go look and ****" - BigCorey75

I think they will be slightly better than last year, but still not a playoff team.

I saw the film yesterday on ESPN, I'm torn. I like that he stood up for his receiver, but to go to blows with your own team is nonsense.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

How are they gonna be better? They lost their MVP, Travis Henry, they lose PacMan, and Bennet.

Vince Young straight up sucks. He's nothing but a slower Mike Vick. He got a luck streak last year with all of his "amazing" runs.

Titans suck, no play offs for a while.

I think Young will get better with experience. When he gets better, the team will be better.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    I think Young will get better with experience. When he gets better, the team will be better.
    See, I don't really think so. He's always gonna be what he is, just like Vick.

And he'll be put in the same kind of situations, making it even worse. The team is undoubtedly going to suck for the next couple of years, so that means a lot of coaching changes, and lots of new offenses.

Vince Young isn't like Vick. He is slower and he doesn't kill dogs.

(Disclaimer: Knowledge is questionable as no one really knows what NFL players are capable of doing in their spare time. Retract from above if dog killing knowledge of Vince becomes public in the future)
    Last edited by -Superman-; 08-02-2007 at 10:11 AM.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

[QUOTE=Bako Lifter;1751721] He's nothing but a slower Mike Vick. QUOTE]

but BIGGER...6'5 255 FAST, not michael vick fast, but QUICK.

i think with the right coaching and play calling vince young will be some defenes worst nightmare.
    i bleed oil

"but seriously dude georgeous women reside everywhere, go look and ****" - BigCorey75

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    I think they will be slightly better than last year, but still not a playoff team.

I saw the film yesterday on ESPN, I'm torn. I like that he stood up for his receiver, but to go to blows with your own team is nonsense.
    These kind of incidents are very common. It happens weekly in practice and especially during training camp at the school I played at. Never effected team morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    How are they gonna be better? They lost their MVP, Travis Henry, they lose PacMan, and Bennet.

Vince Young straight up sucks. He's nothing but a slower Mike Vick. He got a luck streak last year with all of his "amazing" runs.

Titans suck, no play offs for a while.
    :withstupi I couldn't agree more.

Daddy K.
    If they were like Peyton Manning you wouldn't have to be quick at running. LOL. COLTS all the way, Super Bowl Champs. again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutu_67 View Post
    If they were like Peyton Manning you wouldn't have to be quick at running. LOL. COLTS all the way, Super Bowl Champs. again this year.
    baaaahahahahahahahhahahah

thanks I needed a good laugh today

be happy with the win last year over the Pats (that completely fell to illness and injury) in the second half after dominating the first to even get a chance at the Superbowl. I mean Peyton is top or close to best qb in the game, but let's not be crazy here.

Daddy K.
    He is the best of the best. Brady won so many cause he is good and has a good team all around. Great defense and killer offense. Manning had to work his ass off with the offense as much as with the defense. He is the hardest working QB in the game.

Lol, I think you are both forgetting who the best QB in the league is.

Jay Cutler.

These kind of incidents are very common. It happens weekly in practice and especially during training camp at the school I played at. Never effected team morale.
    Well this is professional football. High class teams (Pats, Broncos, Colts), don't go around making fools of themselves.

You stay in line, don't dick around, and act like a proffesional. These teams are usually playoff teams.

You don't see cassless teams like the raiders, titans, etc, contending for the super bowl like the others.
    Last edited by Bako Lifter; 08-02-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Well this is professional football. High class teams (Pats, Broncos, Colts), don't go around making fools of themselves.

You stay in line, don't dick around, and act like a proffesional. These teams are usually playoff teams.

You don't see cassless teams like the raiders, titans, etc, contending for the super bowl like the others.
    Fights happen in training camp ALL the time. Coaches have even been known to tell guys to start fights to get some emotion out of certain players. Also, depending on the coach, when they go full contact some teams go all out. This is not a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    Fights happen in training camp ALL the time. Coaches have even been known to tell guys to start fights to get some emotion out of certain players. Also, depending on the coach, when they go full contact some teams go all out. This is not a big deal at all.
    Scuffles, yes. Fights, no. Coaches don't tell people to start fights, that would be moronic. (I could see the Raiders doing it though)

Mike Shanahan has the Broncos go full contact, my team is going all out right now. There's been no fights yet. Scuffles, sure.

Yes, I know. I have contacts who are spectators at training camp right now. Also, you here about fights when they happen. I remember Pacman, being the loser low-life that he is, getting into a fight with his teammates last year. LenDale White too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    baaaahahahahahahahhahahah

thanks I needed a good laugh today

be happy with the win last year over the Pats (that completely fell to illness and injury) in the second half after dominating the first to even get a chance at the Superbowl. I mean Peyton is top or close to best qb in the game, but let's not be crazy here.
    You're such a cry baby.

The Patriots lost. Boofickenwhooo!
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Jay Cutler.
    Interesting... I think it's hard to call a 2nd year player the best in any sport, even if it is your favorite team .
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

Quote Originally Posted by redFury View Post
    Interesting... I think it's hard to call a 2nd year player the best in any sport, even if it is your favorite team .
    It's not hard when it's the truth. Actually, he's arguably the best of all time.

Ya, I said it.

Jay Cutler.

Only one classless team has ever been good - The U :evillaugh
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

This was just a scuffle. Young slapped the safety, then they were pulled apart. Unless other players got into an actual fight that they didn't show on ESPN, this was no big deal. The only reason it made ESPN was because of Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A View Post
    Only one classless team has ever been good - DA U :evillaugh
    Correction.

Footballer
    Bako have you ever been in 2-a-days at a high level? Scuffles and fights are pretty common. When we get on the field especially if it's full contact it's offense vs defense it's a war. but as soon as the last whistle goes we line up and shake hands with the offense and everything that happens is forgotten it's your teammate then. I wouldn't look into this very seriously at all.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

I remember hearing about a full-contact practice at my old high school. I guess one player was hit so hard he had a concussion as a result and his helmet flew off. Then the other kid started talking smacked and was laid out by one of the huge DL guys. Hahahaha.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Donnie Nickey is a safety not a LB and if that WR can't take a hit like that then he is in the wrong sport.

http://www.wsmv.com/sports/13801252/detail.html

Video.

The funny part is that last year Vince Basically did the same thing to a DT who intercepted his pass.
    All in all I guess they are lucky they didn't hurt their all star WR ...Courtney Roby ?

Vince Young straight up sucks.
    Do you watch sports?

Funniest thing I've heard all year. Check back at the end of the year when Vince is in the playoffs. Check back in about 5 when he has a ring.

....and for the record I'm not a Titan fan.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin