The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just how bad did I screw up the next four years of my life?

As you know college and highschool alike start for most everyone who's going in the next week. I had to go over for a few hours Saturday and a few hours Sunday for "Orientation".

This is going to be a lengthy post probably a great reason for a lot of you to think I'm a total loser and pay even less attention then you already do (or none at all) to me.

The basic gist of the whole weekend was to sort of break the ice. 95% of the time and activities were specifically for you to meet the other "Freshmen" I say freshmen but I should actually be two years ahead of the game. I'll be a 21 year old freshmen but I figure better late then never. As most of you probably know that I was (up until today) a VERY anti social person. I'm not quite sure even why myself, but I was just outside of my comfort zone most of the time unless I was talking to the same 4-6 people in highschool out of like 100 times that many kids (small highschool). So I never had a girlfriend during highschool, never went to any proms or anything like that. Never even had "good" friends and the only reason I probably talked to anyone was that I played football due to my above average size and strength.

I found my first girlfriend at the end of February beginning of march this year and it ended (with my heart being broken) 3 months after. I'm still a virgin if its relevant to this story.

So at first I was kinda not getting into the whole "forced socializing" scene this weekend but after a little while I was like **** it, these 3000 or so kids know nothing of my past and I can make my time here what I want it to be. I start socializing we had a few activities where we danced. I actually participated and most times ended up dancing with some decently hot chicks who to my amazement didn't seem like stuck up bitches.

The afternoons going great, its the last seminar of the night. We're taking our seats and these two decent looking girls come down the isle and the one says "Can I sit by you"? I almost looked behind me in disbelief she was talking to me. So my friends sitting at the very end of this row, I'm sitting beside him and two hot chicks come down and one ask if she can sit by ME. Of course I say sure and she starts talking to me, introduces herself. Asks where I went to highschool, she told me where she went. I'm oblivious at this point as to whats really going on. Several times throughout she'd talk to me or I'd talk to her and it was chill, things were cool. She then says "Where are you watching the Steeler game at?"

Without missing a beat I say "probably at my house". She's like you commute and right at that point I realized what I just did.

Instead of saying "I don't know where are you watching it at?" which would have probably led to me watching it with her in her dorm room (and with any luck more then that, she was after all basically hitting on me) I say "at my house"... I might as well have just said that "I like men" or "Have sex with some other guy"

Being a commuter is very lame for one but if it weren't lame enough I finish the job off. I go from girls not even TALKING to me to this scene before school even STARTS!!!! I didn't realize it was possible for one person to be this much of a loser. To ice this cake, an "exercise" related to the semiar I was in was that you had to give someone a back massage and she gave me one... you could pick anyone you wanted to.

So have I single handedly screwed up my entire college experience in less then one hour and cemented being a friendless virgin for at least the next four years? I'm hoping to god this chick just shrugs it off and doesn't really pick up on what happened and doesn't tell all her friends about the "werido" she tried to pick up.

I'm seriously considering living on campus next year. Its more money, I only live 20 min away and all that good crap but I can't help feeling like had I been staying on campus from the bat that I'd be balls deep by now and not sitting here typing on the internet.

=/

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dude **** that. House party.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Um, dude? chill. The only loserish thing you're doing is overanalyzing a complete non-situation and stressing about it on the ****ing internet.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

So this was the only day you are allowed to meet people/girls at your school?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Damn boy you need some ritalin or something. WOW

Blah maybe I am over analyzing. Its what I do though, I analyze everything to death to the point where its annoying to most people. I always over think.

Taking a long shower then getting some sleep.

Combat Infantryman
    I commute. Living in an apartment is at least half as cheap as living on campus.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

I do get to check out the campus guy tomorrow, maybe I'll have something better to report.

Where else would you have been watching the Steeler game? Should have invited her over.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

You're right. Your college life will now be complete ****. You might aswell take college courses online because there is no hope for you in the real world...

Um, dude? chill. The only loserish thing you're doing is overanalyzing a complete non-situation and stressing about it on the ****ing internet.
    Actually, I agree 100% with this guy^...
    People who don't know how to keep themselves healthy ought to have the decency to get themselves buried, and not waste time about it.
    Henrik Ibsen

you sound stressed man, you just need to light some candles, grab a nice bottle of lotion and just get to work.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    dude chill the **** out, drink some beer and **** soem girls, if u relax and stop over analyizign eveeyr situation youll find out this will be the best years of your life, and enjoythem and the fact that u went back to do it
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Man, I thought this was gonna be something like you threw up all over the place so for the next 4 years you're the guy that barfed. Quite a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    EXACTAMUNDO.... I had to read the OP twice because I had no clue what the big deal was...

OP,
    You do know this girl's name, right?...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by markdk86 View Post
    Damn boy you need some ritalin or something. WOW
    LOL!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    Where else would you have been watching the Steeler game?
    Seriously. You were being honest and yourself and not trying to make moves on her too fast. Guess what. Some girls like that in a guy! Some girls fall for those stupid lines like "I'm watching it wherever you are", but a lot of girls would rather date a guy who is not just interested in getting in her pants.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    EXACTAMUNDO.... I had to read the OP twice because I had no clue what the big deal was...

OP,
    You do know this girl's name, right?...
    Yea I know her name. She made it a point to introduce herself to me.

Right now I'm commuting from my parents house, as soon as I possibly can afford it I'll be commuting from an apartment.

I guess its not THIS specific situation and THIS girl that got me so worked up, its the fact of how I handled things on a global level... total

I do damn well realize these will be the best years of my life, thats why I was paranoid about having turned the experience into ground zero before anything even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    Man, I thought this was gonna be something like you threw up all over the place so for the next 4 years you're the guy that barfed. Quite a disappointment.
    LOL, seriously.

I think things went okay. If you see her again, pick her up. If you can't, it's okay. You know those 1000 other girls that you were checking out today? Try out one of them. Hell, try out 5... or 10.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche_Soprano View Post
    Seriously. You were being honest and yourself and not trying to make moves on her too fast. Guess what. Some girls like that in a guy! Some girls fall for those stupid lines like "I'm watching it wherever you are", but a lot of girls would rather date a guy who is not just interested in getting in her pants.
    Honestly I'm not saying I would have had sex with her on the first night, I may have who knows... I am a 20 year old guy. But the main reason I didn't at least get to know her more tonight is that I panicked and had a brain fart all rolled into one. She didn't ask me if I lived on campus, she didn't ask me where I even lived. She asked me where I was watching the steeler game... a much better answer would have been "I don't know yet" which I would bet money if I had to that she would have invited me and probably even my friend over to their dorm room.

I'm over it now.

/outburst

romantic relations w/bacon Indifference's Avatar
    college cannot suck. it is written in stone.

edit: oh and it seems your getting a *one-itis* over this girl... theres a few thousand other ones around and thinking with that much detail over just one is going to make you miss out on the other couple thousand
    Last edited by Indifference; 08-26-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Oly Lifting + Some PL

#'s will be up when I know them

What the hell? I was waiting for something more like: "...so I lost all control and whipped it out right there and started slapping her face with it, and now they have pics of me all over campus for being a pervert and no one will talk to me. I might even be going to jail. I don't know guys." I mean, if something like that happened, then yes, you probably ****ed up the next four years of your life, but that...? Jesus man.

I will reserve judgement on you until you post pics of this girl.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

haha, dude i lived at home until after i was 20, i lived with my parents my first 2 years of college and i still got laid plenty often. that has nothing to do with "picking up girls"

go to some parties, pick up some drunk chicks, build up some confidence, then work your way up to sober chicks.

you can do it, unless you are a hunch back, anybody has the ability to pick up girls, its just whether or not you know how
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    I say "at my house"... I might as well have just said that "I like men" or "Have sex with some other guy"
    LOL "I like men"... niiiice.

Belial nailed it (as usual), if you don't second-guess yourself then girls tend to be more attracted to you, they kinda want to be sucked into your reality. Why do you think nuts like David Karesh still got mad pussy?

As for getting laid on the first night... I'd be weary about that sort of stuff you never know where a girl's been and you might want to get some sort of background info on her before you start hitting it up.

Also why don't you just see if you can move on or near campus? They usually have people moving around even after the year has started and if you're paying big for tuition anyway then it probs won't be a big deal. Make some friends in the weightroom so you have a place to crash when you want to stay the night on campus. Easy to make friends in the weightroom for guys like us who pull some heavy ****.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Unless you calm the f*** down or change your outlook, you are goign to keep doing stupid **** because you're goign to be overwhelmed in every social event.