Thread: I need help with my goals.....

Wannabebig Member

I need help with my goals.....

I'll start by saying hello to everyone on this forum , it feels good to be here. Here is what I pretty much resemble:

Height- 75 inches (6'3")
    Weight- 266lbs (I started this routine at 255 so is it normal to gain 11 lbs in a month and a half?. Also do you think its muscle?)
    BF%- I don't know but lets just say not good....

Now, Here is my back story. I just graduated high school and have the privileges of using the high school weight room at night after work and after my buddy (who is the janitor there) gets off of work. So around 11 o'clock almost every night we go weightlifting and do cardio. So this routine started about a month and a half ago and I've been pretty happy with the results so far.....but I still have a few problems.

I do a lot of chest exercises but my man boobs still won't budge, I don't even recognize any loss of fat in the area. This is discouraging because I can notice loss in my thighs/hip and arm area. Also a bit of loss under my man boobs, yet I do still have a gut. So what am I doing wrong?

Here is my routine usually:

Day1: Upper body, crunches (just started these this past week), calves (which are starting to cut nicely) Cardio (atleast half an hour, 15 minutes for warm up and then 15 minutes at the end)

Day2: 15 min of cardio, Legs, Crunches, and some more upper body but not a lot. 15 minutes of cardio.

Day3: 40 minutes of cardio and crunches

Then I usually skip a day and then go back to day 1.

Now the cardio I do is the elliptical trainer which makes me sweat a whole hell of a lot but I don't feel like my heart is gaining strength, which is weird seeing how I am growing out of a abnormal heart condition.

But thats my routine each week. Some other problems is my arms. Both my biceps are about the same but my left arm seems more cut in the tri. area where my right arm isn't as cut. My left arm though doesn't have as big as a forearm as my right does and I lift equal weight with both arms so i don't know where I'm going wrong.

I've also been eating healthier and since I have been lifting at night I haven't been overeating at night like I sue to. I eat at work (usually something high in protein such as chicken or broiled haddock) before I go lift and then after I lift I usually have some shredded wheat or scrambled eggs with a small amount of shredded cheese and two pieces of toast.

I don't drink soda because carbonated drinks give me gut rot. I never really drink beer (once in a great while I'll have 4-6 or less, but thats REALLY rare, maybe once every 3 months) The only bad thing I do is maybe once a weekend I smoke marijuana (I know I know, crucify me now). but can a quick buzz really kill my workout?

So now that I leave for college on the 19th of August I am excited but want to lose some fat (notice I didn't say weight).

The college I am going to has an awesome gym/weight room and olympic size swimming pool. But it's also a Culinary (Culinary Institute of America, one of the most prestigious) school i am going to so it's going to be tough.

So anyone wanna help me? I know this was long but I hope someone can help.

Wannabebig Member
    Oh yea, I mostly drink ALOT of water and vitamin water. And then a bit of Snapple Green and Red Tea.

So you drink sugar, ditch it.

Go look at the other sections of this forum and read through the stickies, you need to pick a real routine.

PS the pot won't hurt you unless you get the munchies and binge like I do after smoking.

www.fitday.com start tracking cals too.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Wannabebig Member
    SO ditch the snapple and the vitamin water. I also love milk too, usually 1 or 2%.

Milk is better. You really should start tracking calories, keep protein at 1g per lb of bodyweight, shoot for about 100g of healthy fats a day, and the rest is up to you. You need to get your diet in check and start doing a real routine. Best of luck.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Doing chest presses wont strip off fat from your "man-boobs"

Like Unreal said, use of of the routines on the website as a starting point.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Unreal and I should get married.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011