Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is he right or wrong?

Any woman who is yelling or hitting me doesn't know how to communicate and is not worth having.

I would leave her in a second, without hitting her.

If she destroyed my stuff, I would press charges.

I don't have time to deal with that drama. I'll find myself a real woman, who is also a Lady (with a capital L).

I'm a man. I'm not dealing with girls. Anyone who hits is an immature kid, hiding in a big person's body.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Quote Originally Posted by mickyjune26 View Post
    Any woman who is yelling or hitting me doesn't know how to communicate and is not worth having.

I don't have time to deal with that drama. I'll find myself a real woman, who is also a Lady (with a capital L).

I'm a man. I'm not dealing with girls. Anyone who hits is an immature kid, hiding in a big person's body.
    well said
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

There are a lot of women that bank on men not being willing to do anything to them and go ape**** whenever they feel like it because they don't think there will be any repercussions.

I've had friends that dated women that used to flip out over stupid petty stuff and punching them because they knew the guys wouldn't do anything. One of my friends threw his girl to the floor once after she hit him with a goddamn CHAIR, and she sued him and won.

Women want equality, that's fine. You hit me, I'll put your ass on the ground.

That said...if both parties are naked and there is peanut butter and leather involved, anything is fair ****ing game.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Go Nets
    If a woman is man enough to hit you, she's man enough to be hit.

With that said, I have been slapped before by a drunk woman and didn't physically retaliate. I don't personally have an interest in ever hitting a woman if I can possibly avoid it, but I won't judge someone if she's knocking the hell out of some guy and he's defending himself.

Yeah as long as you are defending yourself or someone else then I don't see anything wrong with hitting a woman. Don't know what's up with the quasi-chivalrous "I'd never" outlook...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I cant believe what im reading... Women are people too! They should be treated as such! If ya need to use force, use it! Slap that b*tch!

i think its bs that everyone says they would never hit a girl. Im sure most guys(including myself) would never plan on it or have thought about doing it, but you could be in a very odd situation at some people. What if your with your mom and some woman comes up and just clocks her and starts attacking her. I would knock the hell out of the woman.

I know thats like a crazy 1 in a million senario, but it is possible.
    thats the only situation I can think of it being necessary.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    I cant believe what im reading... Women are people too! They should be treated as such! If ya need to use force, use it! Slap that b*tch!
    seriously, would you rather get your ass kicked by a girl infront of your buddys, or knock her out?

I don't think I can ever see me getting into a senario that would result in me having to make this choice. I was also raised by a single mother so the choice is clear in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Natetaco View Post
    seriously, would you rather get your ass kicked by a girl infront of your buddys, or knock her out?
    Depends of course. If she is a lot weaker than me and doesnt know what shes doing than not really, she isnt a threat.

If she has a weapon or knows what shes doing, she is a threat.

I dont go by what they have in between their legs, I go by threat level.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 08-12-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minime_moomey View Post
    Lmao. This thread is so relevant! I was at a buddies house just the other night and one of his other friends (whom I had never met) had a beligerently drunk gf there (not to mention she was a bit butch and one of the biggest people at the house) and she kept yelling at her bf like he was her b***h. It was really funny for a while, but she then stepped up to my buddy that owned the house and was screaming right in his face. He made some comment to her bf to get his b***h out of his face and before he knew it she punched him in the face. After falling back, he walked up and knocked her the f*** out. I mean it wasnt really funny at the time, and I guess it still isnt...but I have NEVER witnessed anything like it...I dont think I could ever hit a lady though.
    I actually laughed out loud when I read this. It just seems so comical to me. I dont think your buddy hit a lady, more of a fat arrogant 2-bit whore.

I think all physical violence is avoidable, its just how bad you want to evade it. Well, plus situation pending. If 3 girls or guys tried to mug me and I knew I could take them (I KNOW I never could... laff) damn rights id run a clinic.
    My sig scared getfit.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Depends of course. If she is a lot weaker than me and doesnt know what shes doing than not really, she isnt a threat.

If she has a weapon or knows what shes doing, she is a threat.

I dont go by what they have in between their legs, I go by threat level.
    If shes alot weaker than you and doesnt really know what shes doing, then you wouldnt have to think of hitting her anyway..

your last statement is funny

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    "I wouldn't hit a woman, but I would shake the **** outta her"

-Chris Rock

:withstupi
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

I'd punch a bitch right in the teeth. I don't care. The same laws apply for girls that apply for guys.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I drag the girls heels first into the bedroom, cave man sex for teh win!

QFT, pretty much what I was going to say. I wouldn't date a chick that would deserve to be hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    But if things got physical and a woman started to hit me, she better expect that if she wants to fight with a man, like a man, then she will get popped and dropped like a man.

Ditto!

One on one? I'd probably say 'you're hurting me, please stop' (whether it was true or not). If a person, man or woman, is too far gone to stop at that point then I'd do what I had to. Probably ignore her and walk away unless she knows what she's doing and aiming for vulnerable spots.

If a group came at me? All bets are off. I'll do anything to get the numbers down as fast as possible. Best way to do that is level anyone in a lower weight class than me first.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

I'll find myself a real woman, who is also a Lady (with a capital L)..
    While you are trying to find that "real woman" you just might be surpirsed that in that whole awkward "getting to know you" stage, you might have just met someone who hits. Of course you'll never know it until the first time.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    While you are trying to find that "real woman" you just might be surpirsed that in that whole awkward "getting to know you" stage, you might have just met someone who hits. Of course you'll never know it until the first time.
    Right on. It could take years for the real person to come out. And then by that time you will have been married and the only option is divorce. :alcoholic
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote from someone on youtube....

ok people, lets not be shovanistic now, women wanted equal right, now they have them.. if a man runs his mouth and steps out of line, he gets a shot in the face.. so shall woman(equal rights. if this is unacceptable, then get back in the kitchen and take the watch off, cuz there's a clock on the stove and the watch'll break while doing the dishes.
    I just thought this was funny.
    YOU CANT BUY STRENGTH

I'd only hit a woman if she was trying to kill me, or trying to hurt or kill someone in my family.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I'd only hit a woman if she was trying to kill me, or trying to hurt or kill someone in my family.
    What if she kicked a chihuahua?
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    i wouldn't hit a woman unless i had to defend myself for some reason. that was very funny, though. connery is old school.
    I had an ex who was physically abusive toward me, and I am convinced that it was because she knew I would never hit her. There was one time that I had to Forcibly push her aside to leave because she started hitting me and she had me cornered, and after I did that, she actually had the nerve to shout that I struck her. It didn't happen regularly, but it happened often enough that she actually knew to hide my car keys before starting a fight with me, so I had to go for walks instead.

She never did get me to hit her.

Needless to say, I am not in that relationship anymore, but ever since then, I no longer say that I would never unconditionally hit a woman. For example, if she came at me with a knife.
    Last edited by zen; 08-13-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Quote Originally Posted by seK View Post
    I don't think I can ever see me getting into a senario that would result in me having to make this choice. I was also raised by a single mother so the choice is clear in my mind.
    :withstupi

All of you guys saying you'd gladly hit a woman if she deserved have never witnessed abuse.

Edit:
    And if you have... Well, you're just as ****ed as your fathers.
    Last edited by deeder; 08-13-2007 at 12:49 PM.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)