The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is he right or wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FgMLROTqJ0

I am not sure what to think of it.

I have seen normal women go crazy over nothing and it always bothers me that men dont say, enough is enough.

But still hitting a woman is a bit much.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Physically hurting a woman in a serious (not joking around) way isn't something I'm comfortable with.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

I'd never hit a woman, no matter what the circumstances were.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Yea I don't think I would. But I'd probably throw things at her or atleast in her direction lol.

If I got that mad I'd just leave the house for a couple hours. Nothing wrong with just chilling out and fixing it later.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i dont condone beating women, bu i have no problem with hitting one.

imo thats one of the biggest crocks of **** that are spurtted about women is "there is no reason to hit a woman"

there is always a reason believe me or not, i only have two major rules, keep your hands to yourself and dont talk **** about my family (ie "thats why ur momma is a bitch!!!" other than those two i will never lay my hands on one.
    Last edited by Relentless; 08-13-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    i dont condone beating women, bu i have no problem with hitting one.
    Ok, Corey, ummm.... What?

I would NEVER* hit a woman.

*=unless they had a weapon and/or they were trying to physically hurt themselves or others

I've lost respect for a lot of morons who so flippantly say things like "If they hit me, I'll hit back.".... Give me a break! I know I'm old-fashioned, but grow a pair already!

edit: the more posts I read in this thread, the worse it gets...
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-19-2007 at 07:00 PM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ok, Corey, ummm.... What?

I would NEVER* hit a woman.

*=unless they had a weapon and/or they were trying to physically hurt themselves or others

I've lost respect for a lot of morons who so flippantly say things like "If they hit me, I'll hit back.".... Give me a break! I know I'm old-fashioned, but grow a pair already!

edit: the more posts I read in this thread, the worse it gets...
    You have no idea how relieved I am to hear some sense in this thread... I'm also glad you voiced the same opinion as me... I would have had to boycott your squat RX vids :evillaugh
    Full Powerlifting
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    You have no idea how relieved I am to hear some sense in this thread... I'm also glad you voiced the same opinion as me... I would have had to boycott your squat RX vids :evillaugh
    Thanks Deed. Glad you feel the same way. IMO, any 'man' would.

Boycott the Squat Rx? NOOOOooooo!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Boycott the Squat Rx? NOOOOooooo!
    Speaking of which... You're becoming rather famous! Your vids were posted on the CPU forums as "Some of the best squat instruction and help I have ever seen"
    Full Powerlifting

Sean Connery(a man's man) is absolutely right. He said "it depends on the circumstances." I don't know why that is not acceptable.

I am a very patient man, and I can take ANY form of verbal abuse from anyone. But if things got physical and a woman started to hit me, she better expect that if she wants to fight with a man, like a man, then she will get popped and dropped like a man.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78 View Post
    But if things got physical and a woman started to hit me, she better expect that if she wants to fight with a man, like a man, then she will get popped and dropped like a man.

Ditto!

"I wouldn't hit a woman, but I would shake the **** outta her"

-Chris Rock
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    "I wouldn't hit a woman, but I would shake the **** outta her"

-Chris Rock

:withstupi
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    "Any man under 200lbs is a woman." -Matt Rhodes

I wouldn't do it. It's not something that I personally think is ok to do.

It's probably that I'm old fashioned like that in many respects when it comes to women but I just wouldn't do it. On a side note though, I've only ever had to actually hit a man once or twice. I avoid physical conflicts whenever I can, but I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself or a loved one.

Given the right set of circumstances, i'd hit a woman... hard.

I would never hit a woman. Ever. Unless it's my sister when she does stupid ****.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I would hit a woman if the situation demanded it, just as I would hit a man if the situation demanded it. In either case it would be as a last resort.

I don't understand this whole "women are completely equal" but "you're never allowed to hit a woman."
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

I've never hit a woman. And I would never hit a woman (my girlfriend) unless she hit me first. And then I would probably grab her arm and pin her on the ground so that she wouldn't hurt herself by hitting me.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Lmao. This thread is so relevant! I was at a buddies house just the other night and one of his other friends (whom I had never met) had a beligerently drunk gf there (not to mention she was a bit butch and one of the biggest people at the house) and she kept yelling at her bf like he was her b***h. It was really funny for a while, but she then stepped up to my buddy that owned the house and was screaming right in his face. He made some comment to her bf to get his b***h out of his face and before he knew it she punched him in the face. After falling back, he walked up and knocked her the f*** out. I mean it wasnt really funny at the time, and I guess it still isnt...but I have NEVER witnessed anything like it...I dont think I could ever hit a lady though.

Quote Originally Posted by minime_moomey View Post
    Lmao. This thread is so relevant! I was at a buddies house just the other night and one of his other friends (whom I had never met) had a beligerently drunk gf there (not to mention she was a bit butch and one of the biggest people at the house) and she kept yelling at her bf like he was her b***h. It was really funny for a while, but she then stepped up to my buddy that owned the house and was screaming right in his face. He made some comment to her bf to get his b***h out of his face and before he knew it she punched him in the face. After falling back, he walked up and knocked her the f*** out. I mean it wasnt really funny at the time, and I guess it still isnt...but I have NEVER witnessed anything like it...I dont think I could ever hit a lady though.
    LMAO. Sounds like she deserved it. I still would never hit a girl
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I think that is justified.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. It just seems so comical to me. I dont think your buddy hit a lady, more of a fat arrogant 2-bit whore.

I think all physical violence is avoidable, its just how bad you want to evade it. Well, plus situation pending. If 3 girls or guys tried to mug me and I knew I could take them (I KNOW I never could... laff) damn rights id run a clinic.
    My sig scared getfit.

I can handle most things verbally, but there are lines that nobody crosses with impunity. Say **** about my mother (RIP) and I will kick the **** out of anyone, man, woman, r-etarded, in a wheel chair, geriatrics, little kids, ... anyone.
    Last edited by phreak; 08-12-2007 at 12:29 AM.

A Guy I know Was confronted by these three Girls of our age 18-19, one of them had a knife and another one had a screwdriver, they tried to mug him and he dropkicked one of them in the teeth.

Thats a true story, I think Its hilarious that he dropkicked her, but I definitley think that when people say "Id never hit a woman", they arent considering all the cirsumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Squat slowly improving :)
    Yeah. I agree with McVain. Any of you who say you never would hit a woman, you likely would, if the circumstance really depended on it. For example to save your life or getting mugged like MV mentioned. If some bitch really tried to fight me for some reason, taking shots legitimately, I'd probably rock her. Women's equality..I don't see why I can't fight back the same way I'd fight back to a man.
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in