The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greg valentino has some competition.

These are great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

that looks so ******ed. how does that stuff leave your system anyways?
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

LOL Hahn... seriously, do these people do this as a joke or are they seriously trying to convince other people they're that huge?

I mean, that last image looks like he's at some sort of convention. What compound are they injecting that is actually doing that? Is it called synthol? It looks inflammatory.
    Last edited by Wierz; 09-29-2005 at 11:51 AM.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

God damn! What the hell are they thinking?

You remember what happened to Valentino right?

http://www.geocities.com/gregvalenti...al_damage1.jpg
    Last edited by Shark; 09-29-2005 at 11:51 AM.

that seriously looks very sickening/gross.
    stats:
    height:6'0
    weight: 240lbs
    BF%: about 12%
    Benchmarks-
    Bench press Max: 425lbs
    Squat Max: 515lbs
    Dead Lift Max: 585lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Russow
    God damn! What the hell are they thinking?

You remember what happened to Valentino right?

http://www.geocities.com/gregvalenti...al_damage1.jpg
    Did his arm explode and have to get sewn up?

3:16
    each to there own.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

You know, if you read interviews with Greg Valentino, he always talks about how huge his arms were anyway, and how if you just used synthol without already huge arms (or repeated site injection and not synthol, as he claims is the case), then it would look super ****ty and wouldn't have distinct muscle groups or definition.
    Maybe he's right?
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Back when I started learning to draw I'd draw guys with biceps that big. I kept getting reprimanded by the art teacher for not paying enough attention to the lessons on human musculature and the lessons on proportion.

The people in those pics don't quite look human to me. Especially the guys in pic 2 and 3.
    Last edited by ShockBoxer; 09-29-2005 at 12:29 PM.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

WTF? Someone fill me in on what is going on here and what is wrong with these people?
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    You know, if you read interviews with Greg Valentino, he always talks about how huge his arms were anyway, and how if you just used synthol without already huge arms (or repeated site injection and not synthol, as he claims is the case), then it would look super ****ty and wouldn't have distinct muscle groups or definition.
    Maybe he's right?
    Valentino did have big arms, pre-synthol, but the synthol made them a lot bigger.

These idiots (are these real pics?) used way more than valentine.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

that's gotta be shopped

Yuck.

FYI:
    Synthol is composed of 85% medium-chain triglyceride oils (a fatty acid), 7.5% lidocaine (painkiller), and 7.5% 5-benzyl alcohol. The preparation is injected deep into the muscle where it is encapsulated between the fascicles (bundles of muscle fibers) . With repeated injections, a larger volume of oil builds up inside the muscle, expanding its size like a balloon filling up with air. About 30% of what is injected is metabolized by the body. The other 70% remains lodged in the muscle where it breaks down very slowly over three to five years. There seems to be some issue of debate among bodybuilders as to whether or not Synthol actually lasts this long, and some believe it is even longer.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

too bad its real.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    And how unhealthy is this?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    FYI:
    Synthol is composed of 85% medium-chain triglyceride oils (a fatty acid), 7.5% lidocaine (painkiller), and 7.5% 5-benzyl alcohol. The preparation is injected deep into the muscle where it is encapsulated between the fascicles (bundles of muscle fibers) . With repeated injections, a larger volume of oil builds up inside the muscle, expanding its size like a balloon filling up with air. About 30% of what is injected is metabolized by the body. The other 70% remains lodged in the muscle where it breaks down very slowly over three to five years. There seems to be some issue of debate among bodybuilders as to whether or not Synthol actually lasts this long, and some believe it is even longer.
    And they inject that crap into their muscles directly? no thanks...
    Last edited by Wierz; 09-29-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

That is disgusting it dont even look like buffness it looks like elephantitis. Their liver is gonna be shot worse than a crackhead alcoholic stoners.

Somebody should do it in their calves. That would be great to see a 6' 200lb person with 27 inch calves.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Banned
    Yeah, syntherol oil. Greg valentinos bicep is now completely flat with no peak because of that crap......HUGE Abcess

Banned
    lol, wow its funny, the first couple of pics look like guys that didnt even work out and jump pumped the synth into their arms. Kind of looks more like big FAT arms...not muscular. Did those pump synth into their fat guts too?

Regarding Pic #3:

When did Bruce Willis start using the synth??!!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I just don't understand why they do it.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Because being able to wash your traps is for the weak?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

The third is obviously photoshopped guido. Look around the coller of the his shirt. It some synthol idiots body with willis' face.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I'm not so sure about that- I don't think it's actually bruce willis' face.
    Last edited by RickTheDestroyer; 09-29-2005 at 03:51 PM.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn