The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

skipping workouts?

Lately I've been so busy that I simply havent had the time to go to the gym. I was just curious, how long of a layoff would it take for the average person to loose size/strenght? give me some hope here

Dave

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

^ is a horny teenager.
    i heard it takes three weeks to permanetly lose muscle, ive never lost more than a week off, due to illness, i noticed some pretty serious losses, but it all came back after a week or two

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Man, I don't know exactly how long you have to be out to lose muscle but I wouldn't want too,!! So get ya ass back in the gym!!!
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

yeah I agree with freaky, we'll see you in the gym tomorrow morning at 6:30am

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Yeah... 2 to 3 weeks, I bet.

Freaky is right! Get ya ass back in the gym!!!
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bah. Give yourself a break if that's what you need to do. It's not going to hurt your gains that much. Just make sure you don't quit for good.

taking a week off every now and then does you good.

personally i think anymore than that you might find your strength decreasing, if not your size.

Its not about not having the time, it's making it. I mean, an effective workout takes 45 mins to an hour at most,3 times a week. How hard can that be to squeeze it in your schedule?

If you cant go to the gym for an extended period of time, it simply means you'll need to take a little longer to get back to where u left off. Nothing to worry about

You've got to look at it from the bigger picture; exercising if a life-long lifestyle. .
    Don't eat the yellow snow

I actually lose strength after only taking one week off. I usually start to lose muscle after around three weeks, and I can lose alot fast. Just like everyone else it depends on your genetics, how your diet is during you layoff. some people I know take a months of a lose very little.

Female-anatomy professor Lonestrbeer's Avatar
    It usually takes me a damn long time to lose muscle...around 4-6 weeks really.
    "Tequila drives me out and beer just makes me fat, whiskey makes me nauscious, tell me who the hell needs that? If you're thinkin, bout drinkin, well the answer's crystal clear. It's the invisible intoxicant, it's called everclear."

Big shot out to Qea, I am with hima

Whenever I take time off (more than a week), I notice some serious losses, but they always seem to be easily recovered. Sometimes you need some time off, BUT NOT TOO MUCH...

Simplistic
    I have missed a week before and still progressed on my next workout, so I wouldn't worry to much. I'd just try not to go over a week.