So I'm going to rock a pull-up belt for the first time, and I had some questions. These are those questions:
1) The belt... over or under your shirt?
2) Should the back of the belt sit more on your lower back like a typical weight belt, or more on your ass?
3) Loop the chain through the hole in the middle of the plate, or through the handle-holes on the sides that are there for picking the plate up?
4) How ****ed up am I going to be after use? Ripped shorts? Ripped skin? It's a leather belt, if that matters.
Last edited by Outshine; 08-13-2007 at 01:58 PM.
1) personal preference I guess...I usually do it over
2) For me it usually sits on my ass
3) through the middle hole...unless the chain is really short and would otherwise cause your boys to be in jeopardy
4) the only thing that has ever happened is that sometimes the chain catches on my shorts...no rips or tears to report here...except sometimes the weight plate falling on my foot when trying to step out of the belt between sets
5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf
Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
Snatch:145 C&J: 205
Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
Max Pull-Ups: 44
CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT
You want our weapons!? Come and get them!
Yeah, for me I have to put it on the outside holes because the chain is too short.3) through the middle hole...unless the chain is really short and would otherwise cause your boys to be in jeopardy
Last edited by KoolDrew; 08-13-2007 at 02:58 PM.
1. Over-prevents chafing
2. For me, mid be/t butt and lower back
3. Depends on how much chain you have.
4. You will catch your shirt/shorts in the chain.....just make an adjustment before you start. Just don't wear the plates and chain to high, or you will pinch your nuts.
Thanks for the replies.
When you guys mention pinching your nuts, are you talking about them being pinched by the weight, or the chain?
Place the weight high on your stomach, and lean forward a bit, your nuts will be fine.
Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.
HilarityStriding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:
"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
2. Lower Back
3. Middle Hole
4. Almost all my workout shorts have little rips in the front from the chain getting caught.
I like the weight higher and closer to my body. It helps keep my balance better.
I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez
"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1
"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"
From A Body Builder is Born
i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase
Cool, thanks everyone.