Thread: having a sig. other with herpes

having a sig. other with herpes

is there anybody here who fits this role? my girlfriend is going through her first outbreak after we have been dating for 4 months, which led me to believe i may have it, but i came up clean. its just strange her first outbreak didn't come for over 4 months, but that happens sometimes i am told, and is besides the point anyways...

so how hard is it to work around this? what are some common problems that you face, being with somebody who has herpes? from what ive read it sounds like the outbreaks get less and less frequent and severe as time passes, is this really the case? does anyone out here have diabetes and herpes both, like my girlfriend does? this supposedly makes things 10x worse.

just looking to see how some people work with this.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

the commercials for it make it sound pretty simple, just keep getting tested
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Is she taking valtrex? Valtrex can potentially eliminate outbreaks, even though she has herpes.

Outbreaks do get less and less common as time passes. Additionally, if you get it and take Valtrex, sometimes it can completely eliminate herpes, though it's not officially published as a herpes cure.

Was she honest in telling you her condition before you had sex?
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

this is her first outbreak, neither of us knew she had it until just recently. and she is taking valtrex but it is not helping one bit apparently. she has been in intense pain the last 6 days, im thinking her diabetes has something to do with that (shes not the best at keeping up with that some times) so we are going to a doctor tomorrow to make sure she isnt dying lol.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.

journal

I'm not an expert with the diabetes factor. Is she taking one pill 2x day? Valtrex usually clears it up within 7 days.

She'll be fine. I feel bad for women, as the outbreaks are a lot more painful.
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    Journal - Pics - ...9

I was told by a doctor that the only way you can test for herpes is actually swabbing a cold sore. You can have a blood test come up clean and still have herpes...Just something to consider

A doctor also told me that you have to have an open sore to transmit it, but the valtrex commercials say differently. I think that's more of a selling point and they're trying to push their products. Typically, you have to have direct contact with a cold sore to transmit it, just as you would with the oral version of herpes which is very common. I did a lot of research on herpes when I found out a girl I slept with had it even though I was protected. Scared the hell out of me. It seems to me that there's a lot of conflicting info out there even with doctors.
    Last edited by HahnB; 08-19-2007 at 11:04 AM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Aren't you the guy who made the thread about how you didn't wear a condom and got HPV? Man you're gonna be so dirty by the time you're 25.

HahnB, you're right. The herpes virus resides in the base of your spine. Outbreaks occur when the virus decides to come out to the surface of the skin. Oddly enough a doctor told me that you can transmit it without open sores.

Typically, 1-2 days before an outbreak, a person will feel tired, possibly running a mild fever.
    Goals:
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Quote Originally Posted by mickyjune26 View Post
    HahnB, you're right. The herpes virus resides in the base of your spine. Outbreaks occur when the virus decides to come out to the surface of the skin. Oddly enough a doctor told me that you can transmit it without open sores.

Typically, 1-2 days before an outbreak, a person will feel tired, possibly running a mild fever.
    Yea, I didn't wanna scare the OP but if this is her first outbreak and she hasn't been with anyone with else for 4 months there's a good chance gimpy may have given it to her. Then again, anything is possible with an unpredictable disease.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    I was told by a doctor that the only way you can test for herpes is actually swabbing a cold sore. You can have a blood test come up clean and still have herpes...Just something to consider

A doctor also told me that you have to have an open sore to transmit it, but the valtrex commercials say differently. I think that's more of a selling point and they're trying to push their products. Typically, you have to have direct contact with a cold sore to transmit it, just as you would with the oral version of herpes which is very common. I did a lot of research on herpes when I found out a girl I slept with had it even though I was protected. Scared the hell out of me. It seems to me that there's a lot of conflicting info out there even with doctors.
    You can most certainly test for herpes without swabbing a cold sore. There are newer methods available and they work: blood tests. Also, shedding of the virus can occur several days prior to a physically noticeable outbreak. You can transmit the virus by skin to skin contact- there doesn't have to be an open sore.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Aren't you the guy who made the thread about how you didn't wear a condom and got HPV? Man you're gonna be so dirty by the time you're 25.
    i do have hpv and i ended up being an ex girlfriend that gave it to me not the girl i originally thought. i never really have any symptoms from it, it was a one time appearance (so far). back to this thread.
    Rock Quotes:

journal

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    You can most certainly test for herpes without swabbing a cold sore. There are newer methods available and they work: blood tests. Also, shedding of the virus can occur several days prior to a physically noticeable outbreak. You can transmit the virus by skin to skin contact- there doesn't have to be an open sore.
    So a blood test will always work, even when the virus is dormant?

if this is her first outbreak and she hasn't been with anyone with else for 4 months there's a good chance gimpy may have given it to her.

i believe blood tests for herpes actually test for antibodies your body builds up to help fight herpes (which usually takes up to 4 months to build up enough to show in blood test) this is my only partner of the last 7 months, i said in my first post i just got tested last week and i am clean (well up to 4 months ago i guess), sure i may have it now, but i did not give it to her
    Rock Quotes:

journal

biggimp - now i remember, you're exactly right. They test for the antibodies. There are a few other things which can cause a rise in the antibodies, but from what I have heard from the doc, there are very few.
    Goals:
    Journal - Pics - ...9

dump her. simple enough
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

Wannabebig New Member
    I have a similar question my woman is a Haitian bi-sexual drug addict ... should I wear a rubber , or do you think I'll be ok ?
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    I have a similar question my woman is a Haitian bi-sexual drug addict ... should I wear a rubber , or do you think I'll be ok ?
    you should be fine. have at it
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

haha
    i bleed oil

"but seriously dude georgeous women reside everywhere, go look and ****" - BigCorey75

Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    dump her. simple enough

haha no way in hell. i didnt ask what i should do anyways, i asked how other people work around this
    Rock Quotes:

journal

wear a rubber....always

make sure she's taking her valtrex all the time....not just during outbreaks

it can be spread without evidence of any open sores

there is no cure, but it can be controlled....relatively speaking

make sure she's controlling her blood sugars....if she's consistently running
    hyperglycemic, she's going to be more of a set up to have frequent outbreaks
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    So a blood test will always work, even when the virus is dormant?
    As far as I know, yes.

From www.herpes.com

" Blood tests are often used when a person has concerns about herpes, but does not have any visible symptoms. In the past, type-specific blood tests were not always accurate because they confused other herpes virus antibodies such as varicella zoster (chicken pox), Epstein Barr, or mononucleosis for herpes simplex (Types 1 and 2) antibodies. The Western Blot has long been the standard test for diagnosis. It was designed to test for antib odies, but is costly and time consuming.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recently approved very accurate type-specific blood tests to diagnose herpes. The new tests are roughly one-fifth the cost of the Western Blot and are much faster and easier to administer. One of these, the POCkit HSV2 Rapid Test by Diagnology is an accurate test for genital herpes caused by herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2). The "POC" in POCkit stands for "Point Of Care", which means the test can be done in a doctor's office and can provide results in less than 10 minutes. Meridian Diagnostics has developed a test for HSV-1. With Meridian's Premier test, the health care provider takes a blood sample from the arm and the blood is sent to the lab for results. Results could take a few days depending on how fast the lab can do the test. Another test which requires blood to be drawn and sent off for results is HerpeSelect from Focus Technologies. These tests cannot determine whether the HSV infection is oral or genital. However, since most cases of genital herpes are caused by HSV-2, a positive Type 2 result most likely indicates a genital infection."
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by backseatwitme13
    dump her. simple enough

haha no way in hell. i didnt ask what i should do anyways, i asked how other people work around this
    My work around would BE to dump her.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Wannabebig New Member
    Does her sister have herpes too ? Thats my way around it .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Does her sister have herpes too ? Thats my way around it .
    LOL :withstupi