The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How crappy is my squat form?

Ok dont Laugh im using 100lbs that i have at home. Obviously there is alot wrong with the way i snatch the bar and the lighting kinda sucks but if you concentrate you can see my form (i think)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZRk684kTuM

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It looks (from what I can see) is that you are bending at the knees. Try 'sitting' back, if that makes sense. Do you always use the EZ bar to squat, and always do it in your living room?

well im gonna go check out a gym close by to me today. Thing is i got a friend who wants to start lifting too but he the gym hes gonna go to is kinda far from me, so i will have to pay travel expenses (which i cant afford right now). I was surprised by how small the free weights area of Gold's gym was. So to answer your question i don't intend to do it in my living room for long no. that's the only bar i have ;/

it didnt look terrible, id recommend slowing down.

Your back is getting rounded on the bottom, and you're not sitting back with your hips enough. Also, keep your head up and your back arched.

If you really are determined to get your form down, a good place to start is watching Sensei's Squat RX videos. They are ace.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

You seem to be lifting your butt before you lift with the rest of your body.

It's really hard to tell though with the sun ddarkening the image once you're not covering it.

Yeah its a ****ty lighting thing. Gotta remake one thanks for the advice Iz and Cirino
    It all comes down to "Light W e i g h t... babeh!", "Ain't nuthin but a peanut!" and "Yeahhhhh buddy!" - Ronnie Coleman

It's all about the benjamins....

And so it came to pass...

Weight: 85kg/13 Stone

Banned
    keep up the good work!

I thought it looked pretty good! There is a little rounding at the bottom, but not much at all.

It's pretty tough to see much though and it'd be great to see it again w. better lighting, including the feet, and more than one angle - there's only so much you can see from one angle no matter how good the view is.

I'd like to see you squat w. a heavier weight too - weight has a way of exposing your weaknesses pretty quick.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

on the road to a 1.2ktotal
    like the others said try keeping the weight on your heels. also your back seems to be shifting inward a bit too much (sorta looks like a goodmorning at the bottom of the lift). i agree with sensei though... weight does have a way of exposing weaknesses very quickly
    19 yrs old
    5'9'' @ 165 lbs
    bf%: ?

BB Bench Press: 275 lbs
    ATG Squat: 355 lbs
    BB Deadlift: 335 lbs