The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Need tips on slow bulking - do not want unnecessary fat

I am trying to get stronger and believe that eating slightly more and more healthier will help me. I was on a diet up till yesterday but now I want to bulk up again. Before, when I bulked up, I put on fat, which I do not want to do this time. I just want to put on lean muscle.

So to put on lean muscle, you have to eat more. Am I right?

Since I've been dieting for a few weeks now, I haven't put on any muscle even though I have lifting heavier. This might be my answer, but you guys know more than I do. I am assuming that to put on muscle, you have to have positive ratio of calories in vs out.

Based on that assumption, I have decided to add shakes to my list of foods. Please give me some ingredients for quality pre and post workout shakes.

Thank you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well, technically, youre always on a "diet" A Diet is simply what you eat. To put on muscle, you need to overeat. When you overeat, you have to accept some fat gain. To minimize this, you could play around with your macros or try a slow bulk. but regardless, at some point youll need to dedicate some time to shed body fat
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Thank you, RichMcGuire. I have checked out your journal and its amazing. I love the foods you ate, btw lol.

What do you think about the IF (Intermittent Fasting) method?

I am going to try it for a few weeks and see what happens.