Thread: Anyone find this to be the case when eating healthy????????

Hybrid View

Anyone find this to be the case when eating healthy????????

ATM im trying to eat maintainance calories with a good clean diet ie 1g of protein per lbm 0.5g of fat 25g of fiber and i find it so hard to reach my maintainance of 1400cals. How ever when i was eating rubbish like Macdonald's kfc etc i could get to my maintaniance number of cals by eating a large burger fries and a large coke.Damn eating clean is hard. Its like when eating clean food ie egg whites, natural peanut butter, chicken breasts, you can eat loads and still not get any where near your target calories,
    Last edited by niketpatel71; 08-22-2007 at 02:14 PM.

That's why people are so overweight in America. Fast food which is cheap, and well fast and tastes pretty good add the cals up quickly. Same with other junk food.

Your maintenance is 1400? How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

5'6 168 well alll ive eaten for the last 3+ years is macdonalds kfc etc for lunch dinner. And i think its messed up my metabolism pretty damn badly.
    Last edited by niketpatel71; 08-22-2007 at 02:25 PM.

rebuilding the foundations Herandi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niketpatel71 View Post
    5'6 168 well alll ive eaten for the last 3+ years is macdonalds kfc etc for lunch dinner. And i think its messed up my metabolism pretty damn badly.
    if 1400 is your maintenance then yeah you really have and like others said i would go check it out. 1400 is less than one of my shakes (bananna, pb, protein powder, milk, olive oil). Healthy fats should help you get the calories in easy.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Herandi View Post
    if 1400 is your maintenance then yeah you really have and like others said i would go check it out. 1400 is less than one of my shakes (bananna, pb, protein powder, milk, olive oil). Healthy fats should help you get the calories in easy.
    I know what you mean i eat healthy and i still get up to 3500 ish calories a day. I do find it hard to get to 4k with pure healthy food, that is when i will eat some ice cream or peaches n double cream/apple pie n custard
    It all comes down to "Light W e i g h t... babeh!", "Ain't nuthin but a peanut!" and "Yeahhhhh buddy!" - Ronnie Coleman

It's all about the benjamins....

And so it came to pass...

Weight: 85kg/13 Stone

Unless you have a serious metabolic issue, no way you maintain on 1400 a day. If that is true go see a doctor and get your thryroid checked. You may need to get on meds.
    Nick V

k i will def make an appointment

Um - I eat pretty "clean" and I have no problem getting 1700-1800 calories a day. Have a shake and eat some more pb.
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Yep, more fat.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Training
    Fat or Carb needs to be increased then. Not hard at all to get 1700-1800 much less 1400.
    Starting over...

Go to www.fitday.com and figure what your maintenance calories really are. I almost guarantee that your maintenance is over 1,400 calories and that you are taking in well over that. Otherwise, go visit that doctor.

If you have problems getting in enough calories eating clean, then try eating some healthy but calorie dense foods like more nuts and milk.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I have issues some days getting up to 1800 on clean foods, but that's because of diet restrictions. Ironically 280 calories of chocolate bar are much easier on my digestive system than 280 calories of nuts or other high fat healthy foods. Need plenty of carbs with the fats or I'm basically doubled over in the washroom.

Back when I was eating a half-cup or more a day and throwing in olive oils while bulking and was wondering why I was dying constantly it wasn't hard to get 3000. Nuts and healty oils are where it's at as long as you can take 'em!
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Eating clean does not necessarily mean that you can't have some calorie dense foods. Avocado's, nuts, whole milk, fatty steaks (i.e. ribeye), fatty fish (i.e. salmon), etc. You do not have to totally avoid rice and pasta for instance, they are good at stimulating my appetite.

just another question when you are working out do you take more calories on those day then your recommended allowance. And if so how much more

just another question when you are working out do you take more calories on those day then your recommended allowance. And if so how much more
    Are you on a cut? Bulk? Trying to maintain? It depends on various factors.

What some people will do (myself included) is up the caloric intake on WO days by 300-500 cals, but drop the cals on non-WO days by the same amount to reach a weekly maintenance (which, by the way, is calculated by 7*(daily maintenance) ).
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

If you're tracking over time your 'maintenance' INCLUDES the days you lift. Otherwise it wouldn't an accurate maintenance for your lifestyle.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

ATM im trying to eat maintainance calories with a good clean diet ie 1g of protein per lbm 0.5g of fat 25g of fiber and i find it so hard to reach my maintainance of 1400cals. How ever when i was eating rubbish like Macdonald's kfc etc i could get to my maintaniance number of cals by eating a large burger fries and a large coke.Damn eating clean is hard. Its like when eating clean food ie egg whites, natural peanut butter, chicken breasts, you can eat loads and still not get any where near your target calories,
    By the way, a single meal of MacDonald's or KFC can easily surpass 1400.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

thanks you guys.