Thread: inzer briefs...whats this about screwed sizing?

inzer briefs...whats this about screwed sizing?

i couldnt remember where (i searched but no luck) but someone had bought some inzer groove briefs using their sizing chart and was way too tight on him. He even lied about his weight by +20lb to get a looser fit and was still tight.

Does anyone know if inzer remade their sizing chart on briefs to be more accurate? http://www.inzernet.com/search_resul...earch&iLevel=1

i need something to wear underneath my deadlift suit. im 200lb w/41" hips, 36/38" waist.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy the Inzer Groove Briefs... MY worst purchase ever as far as PL equipment goes.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy the Inzer Groove Briefs... MY worst purchase ever as far as PL equipment goes.
    +1 for me. Get a tight pair of fruit of the loom underwear; they'll do the exact same thing! Stay the F*** away from Inzer Groove Briefs....or Inzer diapers as I call them.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    Get a tight pair of fruit of the loom underwear; they'll do the exact same thing!
    ...and at least the FOTL underwear won't cut the crap out of your legs!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook

did you guys get them too tight or were they just uncomfortable period?

i was hoping ill get more support wearing briefs made for PLing compared to what the clothing store sells.

My legs ****ing fell off after the third use! I cannot stand them.

It would be nice if you guys could explain a little bit more than they suck. I'm sure they do but it'd be nice to know why.

They suck because they hurt and don't help you (well, at least "me") lift more weight... Pain & discomfort is part of the game with equipment, but if they don't help you lift more weight, what good is it?

If you are going to get a "brief" for lifting, get something with some leg on it - I've never tried them, but I assume the "Power Briefs" from Inzer would be 5000x better than the groove briefs.

Get some Titan Dual Quad briefs or metal briefs.
    Squat:525lbs
    Bench:335lbs
    Deadlift:440lbs

^ Haven't used them but I've heard good things about both of those from other PL'ers.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I have Metal Pro brief and I like them. They do stretch some with use though - other brands may wear better, I don't know.

I'm not sure what Chris Rodgers uses but I think he uses Ace Briefs and likes them pretty well.
    - rEDfURY
    Powerlifting since Sept 2006
    My PL Training Journal

Philippians 4:13

"To give anything less that your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre

what sucks is the USPF doesnt allow briefs with "legs" on them. i emailed the director and he said the inzer groove and HD grooves are legal. on titans website, their briefs arent legal in all feds and theres no way im gonna try sneak them in.

...and at least the FOTL underwear won't cut the crap out of your legs!
    LOL! Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    did you guys get them too tight or were they just uncomfortable period?
    They were a good fit, and they hurt like a bit** and they were useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    My legs ****ing fell off after the third use! I cannot stand them.
    Yep, took like 5 min for my legs to fall off.
    They suck because they hurt and don't help you (well, at least "me") lift more weight... Pain & discomfort is part of the game with equipment, but if they don't help you lift more weight, what good is it?

If you are going to get a "brief" for lifting, get something with some leg on it - I've never tried them, but I assume the "Power Briefs" from Inzer would be 5000x better than the groove briefs.
    Yes, the Inzer Groove Briefs actually hurt me more, and made me lift LESS weight. My raw squat was heavier than my squat with Inzer Groove Briefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftingKid View Post
    Get some Titan Dual Quad briefs or metal briefs.
    These are both good choices.
    I have Metal Pro brief and I like them. They do stretch some with use though - other brands may wear better, I don't know.
    Metal briefs are fabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by redFury View Post
    I'm not sure what Chris Rodgers uses but I think he uses Ace Briefs and likes them pretty well.
    Ace Briefs are badass! Probably the best briefs you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    what sucks is the USPF doesnt allow briefs with "legs" on them. i emailed the director and he said the inzer groove and HD grooves are legal. on titans website, their briefs arent legal in all feds and theres no way im gonna try sneak them in.
    Don't bother with the groove briefs, get a good tight single ply suit and you'll be fine.

Does the USPF even allow suits over briefs?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    Does the USPF even allow suits over briefs?
    as long it doesnt have any legs on them.