The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: DB only routine

Wannabebig New Member

DB only routine

Hey all, new to the forum long time lurker new poster. I attempted a search but did not find what I was looking for I apologize if something along these lines has been posted already

Ive been out of lifting for quite some time and my resources are limited due to space and location restraints. Basically my setup is this:

Ive got a set of dumbbells a pull up bar and an elliptical. Ive been searching for a challenging full body routine that I can incorporate with my limited setup. I would like to incorporate what I feel are the big 3 lifts into this program. Bench/military, Squat and deads in some variation. I would like to lift at least 4 days a week and will mix in HIIT and solid state cardio (i've recently quit smoking cigarettes and bud and I feel like the past few years have done a number on my cardiovascular system)

Im looking for the best dumbbell oriented lifting program you can throw at me something that will be efficient as well as thorough and challenging.

As a bit of background info im coming off a serious ankle injury that left me basically on one leg for 2 months.

Im currently 5'10 195 lbs with a solid amount of muscle under about 23 % body fat. I put on some weight post ankle injury from a lack of real serious movement.

My main goals are to increase my LBM significantly, to greatly increase my strength and to improve my cardiovascular health.

Ive been eating very well lately and the diet portion of the equation seems to be taking care of itself. Brown rice lots of broccoli, spinach, lean chicken, fish, lots of green veggies and not many processed foods.

Maintainence calories for light days appears to be right around 1900.

Thanks in advance for any program help you might have for me Im looking forward to a good one to start on right away.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How heavy are the DBs?

In any event you could do walking lunges, 1 legged squats, DB Front Squats, DB snatches, unilateral pressing movements, DB Squat thrusters, DB Swings, db rows, etc etc etc

there are a ton of movements you can do, my only concern would be the DBs eventually being too light
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder View Post
    How heavy are the DBs?

In any event you could do walking lunges, 1 legged squats, DB Front Squats, DB snatches, unilateral pressing movements, DB Squat thrusters, DB Swings, db rows, etc etc etc

there are a ton of movements you can do, my only concern would be the DBs eventually being too light
    I can basically add as much weight as will fit on a standard threaded dumbell. I would guesstimate that each dumbell can hold about 2x4x10 standard plates so each end of a dumbbell is about 4 standard 10 plates wide.
    I could go about 80 lbs on each dumbbell safely without the dumbbells becoming too awkward. At this point im not too concerned about maxing out the DB's as my strength has diminished greatly in the last 4 years of no real lifting.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

Wow this is pretty much the same workout routine I'm trying to get, going to bookmark this.