Thread: AC joint

Wannabebig Member

AC joint

HI,
    I need help. I was doing bench and I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder. I Get pain when I put a load on it. It is just below the bone on front side of the shoulder. Close to the "pointy" bone of the shoulder if that helps. I have near perfect mobility and am going to physio. He thinks the joint unstable. I t has been 3 months with little to no improvement. Anybody have anything on this type of injury.

When I told my doctor he just told me to do the roator cuff stretches and offered to give me anti inflammatory, and that was it.

Wannabebig Member
    no help, please....anyone

This is far too complicated an area to diagnose and help with over the internet really. If you physio therapist hasnt helped in three months get a new one. Does he have you doing rotator cuff strengthening work and overal strengthening work, as that would be the way to go with joint instability, not stretching. If it truly is an AC joint problem that isnt being fixed by joint strengthening work and visits the the therapist, surgery is a possible option as some people have very hooked acromions, or AC joint osteoarthrities due to the disk between those bones being incomplete. But surgery should always be your very last option after all conservative care is tried and exhausted completely. Anyway, give us a little more detail if possible.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812yorgo View Post
    When I told my doctor he just told me to do the roator cuff stretches and offered to give me anti inflammatory, and that was it.
    I hate doctors like that... let me guess, he couldn't wait till he got you out the door, right? I'd recommend finding a better doctor.