Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miss Teen South Carolina

http://www.weac.org/BARGAIN/2004-05/july05/rankings.htm

That's where I obtained my information from. I'm not debating if teachers are overpaid or not, but on average the teachers in Wisconsin have a masters degree, and have been teaching on an average of sixteen years. So, a teacher just starting out or not having a lot of experience probably doesn't make nearly that much.

Some things they don't tell you include: state aid benefits for health care, they have a pension plan, and they don't work three months out of the year. Yeah, teachers are paid pretty poorly.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 09-02-2007 at 04:06 PM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    http://www.weac.org/BARGAIN/2004-05/july05/rankings.htm

That's where I obtained my information from. I'm not debating if teachers are overpaid or not, but on average the teachers in Wisconsin have a masters degree, and have been teaching on an average of sixteen years. So, a teacher just starting out or not having a lot of experience probably doesn't make nearly that much.

Some things they don't tell you include: state aid benefits for health care, they have a pension plan, and they don't work three months out of the year. Yeah, teachers are paid pretty poorly.
    You're right on with most of that stuff. My home is in a small town, and my dad is the transportation director for or school system. I can tell you from first hand experience that teachers generally are over-paid. Where I'm from, teachers are literally killing school districts. Our state keeps cutting funding for schools, people are leaving the area, and we still have teachers with masters who have been there 30+ years making $60,000 plus benefits demanding their annual raises. We almost lost our schools this last year because of severe budget problems, and instead of taking a pay freeze, our greedy ass teachers demanded raises and would rather see other co-workers who haven't been there as long let go.

I know this isn't the case every where, but when you start calculating in full benefits and raises because of advanced degrees teachers are definitley living well.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

thank god im in NC... we already have enough ******s representing this state.

*cough* Clay Aiken *cough*
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

$60,000 plus benefits isn't really a lot of money when you consider the 30 years of employment.

I'll more then likely be making that kind of money right out of the gate, theres a slight chance it'll be just slightly less but an even better chance that it could be more.

There's no reason what so ever to be mad at teachers who demand the money thats due to them. Blame this on the government giving money in places its clearly not needed instead of places (like this one) that could much better utilize the money. This nation needs to start taking care of its own first, we care far too much about others for our own good.