Thread: Irritation

canadian, eh?

Irritation

Once or twice every couple weeks I get this weird irritation inbetween my legs close to my scrotum. It's usually at work or while outside while I am sweating more than normal. It feels like a burning/raw sensation whenever I walk, and unless I walk with a wide step (looking like something is shoved up my ass) it burns and hurts like crazy.

I don't know how else to describe it, I don't know what causes it other than moisture in between my legs and friction I guess? It only happens once and a while though so I don't know what triggers it...

Anyway to prevent this? It's not so bad if I am at home, but if I'm at work and I have to walk around I feel like collapsing and crying
    Last edited by canadianbuilder; 08-16-2007 at 11:49 PM.
    Steve

we call it chef's arse over here. :-)
    The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones

Maybe baby powder or gold bond would work. Or it might be overly dry skin. Maybe a moisturizer?

canadian, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by rico0101 View Post
    we call it chef's arse over here. :-)
    How can I stop it

Baby powder I could try, and a moisturizer too...
    Steve

canadian, eh?
    It started again last night without warning. So I can't really use baby powder or gold bond if it has already began. I tried some petroleum jelly and it helped a bit (couldn't find any lotion)
    Steve

Every year, I have to work at at a trade show set up for 2 weeks and this is a common occurance from working in hot, humid conditions where there is a lot of walking, lifting and in general, hot sweaty work..

I tell everyone every year who goes for the first time, that their personal first-aid kit contains 1 of the following to combat this chef's arse:

Sudocream
    Savalon cream

I would highly recommend trying to get the Sudocream.
    It's an antiseptic white paste like substance, that when you put it on at nite, your problem is gone completly by morning.

Seems to be available only in Ireland for some reason, but if I was you i'd search high and low for it.

Let me know how you get on and if you're really stuck, i might try to organize some over to you

cheers
    stu
    The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones

canadian, eh?
    Thanks Stu, but usually it's only a one day thing. I can go to bed and the next morning it feels almost 100% better. I just want to prevent it all together
    Steve

baby powder every morning out of the shower and before the workout.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Are you sure its not a form of crabs?

Everything you described sounds like "jock itch" to me. Pick up any athlete's foot medication because it is also simultaneously applied with jock itch.

With this formula you'll feel better in a few days and it'll be gone in 1-2 weeks:

Athlete's foot med (make sure it says jock itch)
    Boxer briefs (to not cause rubbing in the legs) -- if not this use a towel or something so your legs don't rub
    Shower often and clean carefully

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_itch
    Last edited by PhilsterT; 08-23-2007 at 01:43 AM.

I also think it's jock itch. However, if it is chafing, I suggest using a lubricant when you'll be moving a lot like running walking etc. Body glide makes a good one for runners. Good luck.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT View Post
    Everything you described sounds like "jock itch" to me. Pick up any athlete's foot medication because it is also simultaneously applied with jock itch.

With this formula you'll feel better in a few days and it'll be gone in 1-2 weeks:

Athlete's foot med (make sure it says jock itch)
    Boxer briefs (to not cause rubbing in the legs) -- if not this use a towel or something so your legs don't rub
    Shower often and clean carefully

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_itch
    Damn there were 11 responses, and I thought I was gonna be the first to recommend briefs to eliminate the chaffing. If you rule that out (friction), then you're gonna need creams!
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

canadian, eh?
    Thanks guys, I picked up another pack of boxer briefs and will look into that jock itch stuff.
    Hopefully I'll be cured
    Steve

You mentioned it's not bad at home, but bad when out and about (work, walking). That doesn't rule out bacterial stuff (or whatever it is that'd cause need for powders/creams/etc), but if you feel it much less when walking, friction is definitely making it worse, regardless if it's just chaffing or if it's something there.

Do you have big thighs? I feel like I remember reading somewhere that the big squatters (guys pushing huge weights) will have that chaffing problem because their thighs are so big that the friction from walking is a pita!

Quote Originally Posted by jdeity View Post
    You mentioned it's not bad at home, but bad when out and about (work, walking). That doesn't rule out bacterial stuff (or whatever it is that'd cause need for powders/creams/etc), but if you feel it much less when walking, friction is definitely making it worse, regardless if it's just chaffing or if it's something there.

Do you have big thighs? I feel like I remember reading somewhere that the big squatters (guys pushing huge weights) will have that chaffing problem because their thighs are so big that the friction from walking is a pita!
    This happened to me once I started squatting heavy and got big thighs. Got some boxer briefs and problem solved!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Whenever I used to run, I had the same symptoms. Now when I run, I ditch the underwear, goldbond the area and wear bike shorts "to keep everything in place". Shorts over the top. Since I used this, I have not had any probelms. good luck, cause that can burn like heck
    Stats: (11/1/2009)
    Ht: 6'1"
    Weight 250#

Again, it's called jock itch.

Boxer briefs and athlete's foot will cure this easily.

canadian, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeity View Post

I hope it's not bacteria...

My thighs are small, not a problem there.

I will just wear the boxer briefs and get some powder.

thanks
    Steve

if your thighs are small the boxer briefs may not be as much of a help, but powders should help you.