Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Teen South Carolina

Hybrid View

Miss Teen South Carolina

This **** is funny. This happened last week, I think. Such as,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTjaYaORCKo

It's sad because she she came in third.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 08-31-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Nerves. Even pretty girls get nervous and lose it.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

6'3"

*on the shelf*

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Search
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

God bless men. - Built

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHH

I did that in real life... not what she said but all the HAHAHHAHHA ing.

Wannabebig Member
    you guys wanna see somthing funny , its a parody off the miss teen SC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=to9y-GGGDdw

Combat Infantryman
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

ROFL I go-T in a car tonight nda asked how it was goin, then thye replied ites ogooin good., then i said oh yeah, same... im a ****in idiot
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

What's funny is the fact that technically she answered the question correctly, but she didn't know it. Her answer was gibberish, but what she really said was "1/5 of the population is as dumb as me, that's why they can't locate America on a globe."

In her defense, the question was ******ed. I'd like to know what "study" was done to come up with that statistic. Did they ask 5 year olds? There's no way that 1 out of 5 adults CAN'T locate America on a map. If that's the case, the answer is simple. Some people are stupid. What other answer did they expect?
    Last edited by HahnB; 08-31-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

^^ and because they dntt have a map that has name on it whcih will eslyiy locate USA
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    ROFL I go-T in a car tonight nda asked how it was goin, then thye replied ites ogooin good., then i said oh yeah, same... im a ****in idiot

^^ and because they dntt have a map that has name on it whcih will eslyiy locate USA
    You on the sauce Detard?
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

I guess case-in-point, right?
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Combat Infantryman
    Someone had a few pints last night for sure
    U.S. Army Infantry

Another vote for a stupid question. If some one asked me that question, I would ask them, "Who are these people? How old were they? What was their question? What kind of map were they using? Why are you asking such a *********ed question?"

and that is why I'll never be Miss Teen USA. That, and I have a *****.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Combat Infantryman
    It's a beauty pageant, not a brain pageant though.
    U.S. Army Infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    You on the sauce Detard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikkstah View Post
    Someone had a few pints last night for sure
    ****, my bad.

Note to self: No more going on the forums while wasted.
    Last edited by Detard; 09-01-2007 at 10:31 AM.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

TJW

****, my bad.

Note to self: No more going on the forums while wasted.
    No, please do, it makes for fun reads. Of course, this was after I realized that I wasn't losing my mind. Then I laughed.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

She must of learnt to speak like that with the guys who approached her in the past and got too nervous.

It is nice out... and I believe I might go swimming to places such as you're looking great and then I'll finish my degree and have a great futur.
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

If grown adults seriously can't pick out the body of land they've inhabited for the majority of their lives then theres a serious problem there. I've had kids forget what grade we were in back in highschool... oddly enough this kid is stocking shelves at a local dollar store and probably won't ever make it much further in his life.

This isn't a shot at public schooling either. While I'm no genius I've gotten a very solid education from a public school and I can contribute much to the world. You don't have to go to an expensive private school to get a decent education, you have to apply yourself and give a **** about your future. I for one care about my future and thats why I attempt every day to better myself for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    This isn't a shot at public schooling either. While I'm no genius I've gotten a very solid education from a public school and I can contribute much to the world. You don't have to go to an expensive private school to get a decent education, you have to apply yourself and give a **** about your future. I for one care about my future and thats why I attempt every day to better myself for it.
    While I respect your views on the education system, I'll disagree. The private and public sector both fail miserably at providing at the very least an adequate foundation for college. Not even that, preparedness for life. Private school teachers often go to the public sector for pay. And public school teachers don't care about students because, at least in this state, they're protected by the teacher's union. So they can be jackasses all day and get paid for it. Go unions! It doesn't matter how good or bad they are, nor how long the duration of their teaching career has been. Once they're in, they no longer have to actually work.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post
    While I respect your views on the education system, I'll disagree. The private and public sector both fail miserably at providing at the very least an adequate foundation for college. Not even that, preparedness for life. Private school teachers often go to the public sector for pay. And public school teachers don't care about students because, at least in this state, they're protected by the teacher's union. So they can be jackasses all day and get paid for it. Go unions! It doesn't matter how good or bad they are, nor how long the duration of their teaching career has been. Once they're in, they no longer have to actually work.
    Without arguing for or against your statements, I would like to point out one thing. Most teachers decided in college to become a teacher. There are certain classes to get an education major (or certifictate or whatever it is in that state) and the teachers had to think for themselves if they wanted to take those classes and the tests to be licensed in that state. So, even though there are a few bad teachers who are only in it for the... umm, money (even though the pay sucks, I don't know why else they would go for this career path if they didn't enjoy it), most choose to go into this career willingly and actually enjoy their jobs.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche_Soprano View Post
    Without arguing for or against your statements, I would like to point out one thing. Most teachers decided in college to become a teacher. There are certain classes to get an education major (or certifictate or whatever it is in that state) and the teachers had to think for themselves if they wanted to take those classes and the tests to be licensed in that state. So, even though there are a few bad teachers who are only in it for the... umm, money (even though the pay sucks, I don't know why else they would go for this career path if they didn't enjoy it), most choose to go into this career willingly and actually enjoy their jobs.
    I've had some incredibly lazy and terrible teacher. But I never once said in my post that they were all bad, nor that they're all lazy. But, in Wisconsin they definitely can be. I'd say the majority of my teachers were pretty good. Hell, my senior year most of them were better than good. I know four of my high school teachers had a Ph. D. Some teachers, though, didn't have to do anything. Because they have the teacher's union they could do what they wished all day long if they wanted, which is pretty damn sad. Regardless, I had some good teachers, and where I went to school (though the demographics, and socioeconomic background of many of the students tells you "otherwise") was pretty good. I worked my butt off, studied a lot early in high school and learned a lot, but for the majority of kids they hardly got anything out of it except the taking in of information and regurgitation of that information on an exam. They never actually had to learn material. And that's where things have failed in our education system.

I don't think the pay is all that bad. The average teacher makes 44,000 per year, and at the high school level it's higher than that. You have to factor in that they do count elementary school and middle school teachers. They also have the same health care system as government employees and they do get a pension when they retired. All in all, they don't have it that bad.

My major grudge is schools don't actually give you life lessons or problems to work with. They make you read out of a textbook and test you. That's about it. And any idiot can do that.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 09-02-2007 at 06:23 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003 View Post

My major grudge is schools don't actually give you life lessons or problems to work with. They make you read out of a textbook and test you. That's about it. And any idiot can do that.

You get life lessons from living life, not from a school. Your not sent to school to become "street smart".

Schools prepare you for a lot of aspects of life. Doing things you don't want to do and meeting demanding deadlines.

Teachers can't simply make you read from a book and test you. If your a math teacher you have to fully well understand everything in its entirety from the level your teaching the whole way down to where you first learned to count. If little timmy is having trouble factoring polynomials you can't just tell him to RTFM. You have to show and explain to him how and why it works.

Most teachers are getting a bad rap from lazy punk ass kids who are manipulative and in general wastes of space. Public schools have put out plenty of very intelligent people. Most of the time the saying "You get out of school what you put into it" is very true.

I do agree however that there are some teachers who shouldn't be teachers, I never felt that way personally about any that I've had but there was one teacher in my ex girlfriends school whom was very unfit to teach especially what he was teaching.

I think people need to take more of an initiative in themselves and there education and stop placing the blame on others. I've taught myself a good deal of information just from using the internet alone, and then you could always just pick up a book.

So I agree and disagree with parts of what you've said, your location may have an influence on your feelings though.

Combat Infantryman
    I hold the Michigan teaching certificate (general skills, general math and history/social studies )which is one of the hardest to get in the country, you can teach in any other state with it. It was one of the easiest tests I've ever had in my entire life. You can't even have a calculator because the math isn't advanced enough to even need one. Easier then the ACTs/SATs.
    U.S. Army Infantry

I can divide by zero.
    I don't know about the average teacher making $44,000. My mom makes mid twenties as a teacher. I have a good friend that's been teaching for few years and she barely breaks through $30,000. I think that number depends greatly upon where you live.

In a lot of ways, I have to agree with sharkall. Schools are failing at preparing students in many ways. I went to fancy schmancy college preparatory high school. All of the kids there drove new cars every year, their parents were all "somebody," and they were all pretty much bleeding heart liberals. A lot of the teachers at the school were also graduates and they were all the same way. That meant my college preparatory education made me well-read and well-versed in art and history and pretty much kicked me in the sack when it came time for math and science. Hippies hate math.

And ditto on the unions sucking thing. Living in Maine, I've watched the paper mills crumble and when I lived in Michigan, I watched the big three move jobs to Mexico and China, hand over fist.

We have to pay the teachers more, but then we have to raise taxes. Yuck. We have to keep the kids in school longer, which means we have to raise taxes to pay for food, electricity, water, etc. We need to buy more materials and pay for more field trips and more speakers. That all means a tax increase.

Like most people, I'm super quick to complain, but I'm almost at the point now that I lose more out of my paycheck to Uncle Sam than I was making each week at my college co-op job. That hurts. I have student loans to pay and credit cards and rent and car insurance and every other thing to pay for still.
    Bigger, stronger, faster, every day.