Thread: Lower back/pelvic pain help!!!

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Lower back/pelvic pain help!!!

Hello my name is Matt, I am 20. I hurt myself lower back/ butt area about 9 months ago. Two seperate accidents occured. First I fell straight on my sacrum/butt area from about 6-7 feet in the air onto concrete playing basketball. The pain lasted for about two weeks and went away. About a month later I was squatting weight. It was not that heavy, I could rep it out. I all of a sudden felt this pain in my lower back(sacrum area) It was not debilitating I just thought it was a pulled muscle. Well the nagging pain never went away and can still bother me to this day. Had mri it showed small disc bulge which I hear is normal in athletes. I play lots of sports. X-ray negative, CAT all negative. Docs said it looked good and will get better with time. My pain is isolated to my left side of my lower back/pelvic. No pain in lower extremeties.It seems to be influenced by movement of my left leg or shifting weight from one side to the other. For example getting out of bed. I will have my left knee on my bed and reach for the ground with my right leg, this will produce pain, but not always.I can feel great some days and others not. I can bend over good, run and jump. Side to side or pelvic movement is a no no, it will bring back pain. I have super tight hamstrings, and my left buttock/hip area tighten up alote. For some reason it seems like no matter how much I stretch my hams they don't get loose, just tighter. Sounds weird but I feel best after a long day of standing. Sitting and laying around will make it feel worse.Any idea on what this could be. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks, Matt
    Last edited by Matt15; 09-02-2007 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt15 View Post
    Hello my name is Matt, I am 20. I hurt myself lower back/ butt area about 9 months ago. Two seperate accidents occured. First I fell straight on my sacrum/butt area from about 6-7 feet in the air onto concrete playing basketball. The pain lasted for about two weeks and went away. About a month later I was squatting weight. It was not that heavy, I could rep it out. I all of a sudden felt this pain in my lower back(sacrum area) It was not debilitating I just thought it was a pulled muscle. Well the nagging pain never went away and can still bother me to this day. Had mri it showed small disc bulge which I hear is normal in athletes. I play lots of sports. X-ray negative, CAT all negative. Docs said it looked good and will get better with time. My pain is isolated to my left side of my lower back/pelvic. No pain in lower extremeties.It seems to be influenced by movement of my left leg or shifting weight from one side to the other. For example getting out of bed. I will have my left knee on my bed and reach for the ground with my right leg, this will produce pain, but not always.I can feel great some days and others not. I can bend over good, run and jump. Side to side or pelvic movement is a no no, it will bring back pain. I have super tight hamstrings, and my left buttock/hip area tighten up alote. For some reason it seems like no matter how much I stretch my hams they don't get loose, just tighter. Sounds weird but I feel best after a long day of standing. Sitting and laying around will make it feel worse.Any idea on what this could be. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks, Matt
    Read what I put in bold... You already have your answer...
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

I agree with deeder. Other than time, maybe a massage would help the pain a bit.