The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Our President Vs. Miss Teen South Carolina

Video
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

yeah seen that before, pretty funny. def not as dumb as ms SC though.

**** I wouldnt have known what to say either lol
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

More than just Bush, I think this question speaks about how career politicians can't see the forest for the trees.

If you ask an intelligent person on the street, and you would get a completely different answer. Bushy was trying to state the obvious, although he tripped all over his own thoughts, he was basically reiterating that sovereign entities need to negotiate.

I, a regular guy, would have jumped all over the question itself (rather than trying to dance around a response to it)
    "Tribal Sovereignty? What kind of question is that? As a U.S. presidential candidate in the 21st century, I have very little concern for 'tribal sovereignty'! We have a constitution in the united states that protects everything against the federal powers from individual liberties to states rights. While 'tribal sovereignty' may be a fun academic political toy question, I am personally much more concerned with upholding my constitutional duty to represent the American Citizen from potential tyranny and corruption of government. So, in a way, you could say I am more concerned with individual and citizen 'sovereignty'."
    Last edited by zen; 09-03-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Scuzzbucket is numero uno Scuzzbucket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    More than just Bush, I think this question speaks about how career politicians can't see the forest for the trees.

If you ask an intelligent person on the street, and you would get a completely different answer. Bushy was trying to state the obvious, although he tripped all over his own thoughts, he was basically reiterating that sovereign entities need to negotiate.

I, a regular guy, would have jumped all over the question itself (rather than trying to dance around a response to it)
    "Tribal Sovereignty? What kind of question is that? As a U.S. presidential candidate in the 21st century, I have very little concern for 'tribal sovereignty'! We have a constitution in the united states that protects everything against the federal powers from individual liberties to states rights. While 'tribal sovereignty' may be a fun academic political toy question, I am personally much more concerned with upholding my constitutional duty to represent the American Citizen from potential tyranny and corruption of government. So, in a way, you could say I am more concerned with individual and citizen 'sovereignty'."
    That has got to be the most anglo-saxon, politcally correct/safe, sterile response you could have made. I'm sure the indigenous people of North America who have had their way of life trampled all over would have loved to have heard the answer "what kind of question is that?" and "very little concern" response. While tribal soveriegnty doesn't mean much to you, try going before the NAACP and saying civil rights doesn't mean much to you either... to Native Americans it means the same thing; basically calling their God-given right to govern themselves (read the Declaration of Independence) as a "political toy" belittled every right and the very respect Native Americans deserve especially after what we have done to them.

And as far as "I am personally much more concerned with upholding my constitutional duty to represent the American Citizen from potential tyranny and corruption of government. So, in a way, you could say I am more concerned with individual and citizen 'sovereignty' goes... any educated voter will see through that as standard issue, contrived, "I'm every American" propogandic BS aimed at getting votes.

And while you claim to not dance around the issue, you did. You really did. I mean, you didn't answer the question at all, instead just brushed it off as an irrelevant issue, which to any national level politican would be political suicide.

I don't mean to make thing personal, but damn, dude...
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen
    ------------------------------------------------

Squat slowly improving :)
    I have Native American roots..and I have the following opinion.

The U.S. gov't took over every tribes' territory. They fought back. The U.S. gov't won again. They no longer have a right to govern themselves.
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. - The Declaration of Independence.

To say that any American --indigeneous or not-- doesn't have the right o govern themselves is the most un-American idea I can think of. I know, the Declaration wasn't drafted with native Americans in mind, but it's the year 2007 for God's sake... whatever happened to all the "We Are All Americans" sentiment... or was that just post-9/11 fashionable patriotism crap?
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen

Zen, you'd probably just get laughed at for even bringing up the Constitution. Everyone knows it's just a stupid piece of paper...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Squat slowly improving :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzbucket View Post
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. - The Declaration of Independence.

To say that any American --indigeneous or not-- doesn't have the right o govern themselves is the most un-American idea I can think of. I know, the Declaration wasn't drafted with native Americans in mind, but it's the year 2007 for God's sake... whatever happened to all the "We Are All Americans" sentiment... or was that just post-9/11 fashionable patriotism crap?
    I fail to see a point relavant to what I said. They may have their own tribal police if on a reservation with their own regulations etc., but ultimately they abide by the U.S. law, and because of that, they aren't really governing their own people like they did pre-United States gov't.
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

We're not all Americans. It's apparent that not everyone is equal, no matter how much you want to think so.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Talking_God View Post
    They no longer have a right to govern themselves.
    That's the comment that urked me then.

our President is an idiot

Isnt it strange how some politicians and presidents makes choices that means people will die just so they can become richer and they seem happy with it...they dont even seem to show one tiny little regret.

Take Benjamin Franklin and compare him to Bush....why did USA have such great and fair, intelligent and nobel politicians and today..you got a hustler? He actually cooporates with the same guys in Saudia Arabia who founded the terrorist attack on the towers but he doesnt even try to cover it up.....he actually makes money on it.

When will USA react and go..hey wait a minute..how come he is so good buddies with them saudis? how come he lied about Iraq? Its strange for me because USA always seemed like a nation where you demand progress.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Hardly anyone in this country demands progress. And when many citizens think that the Patriot Act is the right thing to have (I'm trying to say take our rights away) and that they can't do anything because politicians will do whatever they want you get stuck with things like this.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Banned
    it seems they cut the clip short, i would have liked to hear the rest of it, sounds like he was stumbling to figure out what the guy was saying.

^^ he's always stumbling every time he opens his mouth.