Thread: HELP? Struggling!

Wannabebig Member

HELP? Struggling!

I am 19 years old, squat max 400lbs, bench max 295lbs, wt:195 lbs, 6' 1" tall, and around 17% body fat. I am not grossly overweight, by any means, but I am looking to lose around 10-15 lbs. I have managed to lift successfully without protein shakes or supplements (becuase for some reason they made me very sick) and I would like to stay off of them. However, I have been having trouble with restricting my caloric intake. I need suggestions, maybe even a sample diet of what to eat and when to eat it (so if your in my same boat please share your diet plan). It is difficult for me to count calories becuase I eat in a college caffeteria and I am not always sure what I am eating. Please help me!
    Last edited by JFIII; 09-03-2007 at 04:37 PM.

eat healthy and stop eatting **** - if you don't want to count calories or do the research it seems like you're trying for an easy way out and there is no easy way to lose weight
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

You ought to look/ask around--I'm pretty sure that college dining halls post the nutritional info for all their foods somewhere--or you could ask at the office and I'm sure they would be happy to help you out.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    eat healthy and stop eatting **** - if you don't want to count calories or do the research it seems like you're trying for an easy way out and there is no easy way to lose weight
    Im not looking for an easy way out. I bust my ass in the gym at least 4x a week, and try and watch what I eat, but I am a student first not a bodybuilder. And I have no problem bulking (and do it cleanly), however suppplements and protein shakes are an absolutely huge part of almost every bulk/cut/sustaining diet plan that I have found (ya I've read the articles and done research). I cannot devote as much time and energy into my lifting and dieting habits as some people may be able to. And Im just looking for someone else who's diet is completely natural (same as mine) and has found a system that allows enough calories/protein to limit muscle loss. And that means without whey protein, creatine, steroids, or hormone enhancers.

hey i cant tell you exactly what to eat..but if you want to lose that weight just dont eat all of that ***** that they try to feed you everyday at the dining halls...I'm a college student too and i am forced to eat there also...Although there is tons of fried and horrible stuff in there everyday there is good stuff always available too...The biggest thing is just to have will power and eat stuff that you know if not bad for you..Eat more salad, oatmeal, fruit, sandwiches, cereal, eggs and so on, and less of all the other crap that they make in there always...The biggest thing for you would be to just think about the stuff you are eating and to have willpower.