The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How to get rid of belly fat?

Hey,

I was around 215 pounds like around April and I'm down to 180 right now with watching out what I eat and doing some cardio with lifting. I'm doing WBB 1 for around 4 months now. But my question is that even though I lost 35 pounds, my belly still isnt flat yet, there are some fats around my belly section. How do I get rid of that? Should I do some cardio? I work out every other day, so I could fill out the days with cardio when I dont work out. Should do I some crunches or abs work? Would that also help me to burn belly fat?

Thanks in advance guys.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Go Nets
    Quote Originally Posted by BHS View Post
    Hey,

I was around 215 pounds like around April and I'm down to 180 right now with watching out what I eat and doing some cardio with lifting. I'm doing WBB 1 for around 4 months now. But my question is that even though I lost 35 pounds, my belly still isnt flat yet, there are some fats around my belly section. How do I get rid of that? Should I do some cardio? I work out every other day, so I could fill out the days with cardio when I dont work out. Should do I some crunches or abs work? Would that also help me to burn belly fat?

Thanks in advance guys.
    SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH

But the short answer is that you can't spot reduce fat, so you have to keep losing fat all over.

Other things to note:

- Weight lifting is a good way to lose fat
    - Abs are made in the kitchen
    - Carb Cycle and keep carbs around your workout if you are sensitive to them.

How tall are you? Makes a big difference in weight. If you are pretty tall/thin already then you should probably start working on building your abs. Work them like any other muscle. I work my abs with high weight and low reps and they are sore for a couple days after. But you aren't going to see any results unless you are lean.

Wannabebig Member
    yeah do as many ab exercises as possible, some good ones i find that really get your abs good are sit & tucks (not sure if thats the proper term for them) but as long as you dont try and cheat while doing them they work good, and of course normal ab crunches

Quote Originally Posted by Led Head View Post
    yeah do as many ab exercises as possible, some good ones i find that really get your abs good are sit & tucks (not sure if thats the proper term for them) but as long as you dont try and cheat while doing them they work good, and of course normal ab crunches
    Bad advice. You will not spot reduce fat on the abs by doing situps.

The thread starter just needs to keep lowering his bodyfat. We all store fat in different parts of our body. He sounds like he is predisposed to storing it in his stomach.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

liposuction is the only way to make sure you just remove the belly fat.

I agree, I carry most of my fat at my belly. I got to like 7% and my abs were barley defined
    Sarvamangalam!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    I agree, I carry most of my fat at my belly. I got to like 7% and my abs were barley defined
    Lower the beer intake then. lol

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Bad advice. You will not spot reduce fat on the abs by doing situps.

The thread starter just needs to keep lowering his bodyfat. We all store fat in different parts of our body. He sounds like he is predisposed to storing it in his stomach.
    Well, I mostly eat proteins such as egg white, lean meat and chicken breast and so on. What should I do to lower my body fat more? Since I work out every other day, I just started to do cardio on the days i dont work out for around 45 minutes, would that help or do you guys have any more advices?

you've lost 35 lbs, why change what is working?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    you've lost 35 lbs, why change what is working?
    Because even though I'm on my ideal weight right now, belly fat still doesnt go away.. I simply dont know what to do to get rid of them..

Watchya talkn bout willis
    Its the only way man, if you got in on there then there's a way to take it off, and that's dieting.
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

Because even though I'm on my ideal weight right now, belly fat still doesnt go away.. I simply dont know what to do to get rid of them..
    Eat the same healthy foods you are eating, just less of them. As you loose more fat the belly will go away.

dedicated & disciplined

Unfortunately the gut and love handles are usually the last fat to go. Thats especially true in most men, and myself included. Just keep your diet in check. Find your maintenance calories and stay slightly under that and the fat has to come off from somewhere. If your gut is the only place you have fat left, thats where the fat will come off. A lifestyle change, as far as the way you eat, is the only way youre gonna get rid of that gut once and for all. I'm doin it and you can too. Just eat right and be patient.
    Current: 34 yrs. old 5'10.5'' 192 lbs.
    Goals: 195 lbs. 12% bf by dec.09'
    Long term goal: 225 lbs. 10-12% bf
    Best Lifts bench:355 11/10/08 Deadlift:475 5/5/08
    Squat:395 5/6/08.......Total:1225 RAW
    Goals: 1275 total by Dec 09'
    Long term goal: 1500 RAW

videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=emilyjeremy1

Testosterone causes fat to be distributed around our bellies and love handles - it's part of being a man. Learn to love it... and if you think you have belly fat, just look at my photos and think again!
    Lumiel's BGB Weightlifting Journal

32 y/o, 6' tall, 205 lbs