The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Name says it all.

I started to work out last year osmetime and started at 290lbs. I lost approx 30lbs, and got down to 260. Well i got married in august and went to cancun, and i knew i was off the boat because i ate like a horse and just relaxed all week. When i got back i could never really get back into the swing of things... The it happened i got all the way off the boat. Gained back like 20 25 lbs of what i had lost and am starting over again... I hate this fricking roller - coaster ride of weight gain and loss. I need help. SOme one gimme a routine i can start with and stick too. And as i progress i will post here and get more advice. Thanks for the help and hope to see some good responses to this, cause i need it bad.

5 10
    Help

FATGUY

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Hey there cap'n. I was kinda in your boat before, I was 5'4", 200lbs.

Its too much just to explain right now what you need to do, so I reccommend that you just sit down one day and go through all the topics on these boards that you think look important. I will, however, throw down some basics for you, dos and do nots that you can start doing right now that will start you on your way.

Dont drink soda.
    Drink at least a gallon, maybe 1.5 gallons of water a day.
    Tuna.
    Stop eating white bread.
    Do cardio, even if its walking around the block, two or three times a week.

For right now, I would give a serious look at the WBB routine 1, which is linked from the home page here. Follow that routine, and ask some questions in the diet forum about what to eat.

Come on guys, help the man out.

The single most important thing I can tell you is to read the nutritional articles on this site.

Threads can be useful too, but you need to learn the basics and there is no better way than a clear, conscise article.
    Similarly, your routine is important, so try WBB 1 routine for a while, but the most important thing to understand right now is how food and macronutrients and calories all work and what your requirements are.

The articles are in the nutritional article archive at www.wannabebig.com

and Welcome to the site!!
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Wannabebig Member
    Thank you so far for the responses. I know i can do this. I have done it in the past before. But like i said my weight has gone up and down so much it just gets me pissed off. Again Thanks

Do cardio, mostly cardio, do weights when you are not doing cardio or are bored from it. I have a friend like you who lost 21 pounds in a few months doing just cardio. Move around, do whatever interests you- raquetball swimming etc whatever or just walk

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Exactly. The most important thing right now is just to get moving, no matter what it is.